MTV's Sorority Life

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_Kiang, Sep 10, 2002.

1. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I missed the final episode last night. Did any of the pledges make it into the sorority? Personally, I felt most of them didn't have a sincere interest in joining.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'll be watching it on tape tonight, so I'll try to follow up with the finale.

3. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Sincerity and Sorority/Fraternity are two things that can't co-exist.

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

OK:
    Two members announced that they would not join as they thought the whole thing was a frock and they felt unwanted.. this was pretty expected. One of them, although I disliked her, had at least a real beef; if a family member of mine had past away, I think I would have left and not attended any damn meeting either..

I found the whole show to be unlike any frat/sorority I had ever interacted with, although admittedly, I was not (and refused to be) part of the greek life in college [​IMG]

5. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Thanks Chris. That means, pretty much as I expected, that Jordan
    was one of the ones to decline joining. I'm curious who the other one was. I guess I'll hope to catch one the numerous inevitable repeats [​IMG]. I went to USC for 2 years but I didn't get involved in the Greek scene either. Still, most of the established sisters - especially the leaders - did seem to have genuine interest in maintaining the integrity of their sorority. All of the pledges, some more than others, acted like the sorority should have felt privileged that they were even interested. There were so many times I wanted to say something like, "That's what a sorority is all about!" or "If you don't like the rules, get out!". So...any news on if they are doing a second season? [​IMG]

6. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

James, the other:

Mara

7. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

They are doing a second season.. but it's in a fraternity.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oops, I guess I was too late. I found it weird that Amanda went through with initiation. Dede had to re-take the written test (she didn't pass the first time) on the day of initiation.
    I had to wonder if some of the crying from the prez/vp of Sigma was for real, or for show since the cameraman was right in their face just after both girls decided not to go through with initiation.
    A "Frat" version just doesn't hold the same appeal to me as the sorority version. [​IMG]

9. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

So, that means Candace
    joined??? She was one of the ones who really seemed to dislike the rules the sorority had in place. I can't remember the sister's name, but I wonder how the one girl who seemed to be the most paranoid about the girls being there for the wrong reasons felt about them joining the sorority. She was a bit hard to take for me, though not quite as bad as most of the pledges.

I'll also have to admit that a frat version of this show holds little initial interest for me. I may give it a shot, especially if my wife wants to watch it.

One other thing I've thought of off and on since watching this show. I thought Jordan was a fairly attractive girl and they did show where she worked and, of course, where she went to school. Once she became single I wondered if there would be guys who would try to find her because they saw her on the show. Thing is, seeing her personality throughout the show, I don't think I would have any interest in getting into a deep relationship with her. She just seems like she would be very hard to keep happy. Any thoughts on her or any of the others?

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup, that girl did go through with initiation.

Jordan is totally high maintenance.

11. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Is she the same Jordan that made it into the final 3 of Playboy's thing on Fox? I just remember curly red hair. That'd be hilarious.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Actually there was a strawberry blonde on the Playboy/Fox special that reminded me more of the blonde (Candace) on Sorority Life, but they are not the same girl.

13. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I had never seen Sorority Life until last Saturday. I was channel surfing and landed on MTV while they were showing all the episodes back to back. I became one with my sofa and watched them all. So I had to watch the finale. I wasn't surprised that