What's new

MTV's Downtown? Remember that TV show? (1 Viewer)

CraigAllen

Agent
Hell yeah I remember this show! I taped every ep from MTV when it was on. (They never broadcast the final ep in the US, but I eventually got a copy from MTV canada).

Great show, chaacters and design. Really wish this was on dvd (along with Daria). C'mon MTV, release more of your toons to dvd.

bigmike04

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
What do you mean eventually got a copy from MTV canada? did they sent it to you? If they did, is there a chance you can upload it somewhere?

CraigAllen

Agent

I downloaded it from someone who taped it from MTV Canada. Only thing bad about it is the rather large french subtitles on it. It's on an old hardrive somewhere.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I was very impressed by this show, and it seems I wasn't alone, as Downtown was nominated for a Best Animated Series Emmy. I would absolutely love to get these shows on DVD. I have a VHS tape of the first twelve and I keep meaning to dump it to my hard drive and clean it up.

I was hoping when MTV started rerunning old animated series on MTV2 that this would eventually show up, but no luck yet...

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The show was awesome - but like a lot of MTV's animated series, never sees the light of day on DVD.

Undergrads, Beavis & Butthead, and the two Daria movies are the only ones I can think of that were blessed with the DVD treatment.

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to upload it to Youtube.com or something.

http://www.petitiononline.com/MTVDVD/petition.html like to a petition I got off of wikipedia.org

ry

bigmike04

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
someone did upload videos to youtube, but they deleted it. Just visit the site that i have posted. if you wantm i can upload all of them to a site is very similar to youtube. you have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks