MTV VMAs with Madonna, Britney, and Christina

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Bryan X, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Who caught the opening act with these three at last nights Video Music Awards on MTV? WOW!! [​IMG]

It was a good performance by the three of them. A nice homage to Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' performance at the first VMAs 20 years ago.

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i suggest getting on kazaa lite and grabbing the 'highlights' from the performance...meeeowww

CJ

3. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    I missed the live performance but I'll Kazaa it as soon as I get home, thx for the tip.

4. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Until you catch the video, here's a 'taste' of what you missed...

Yummy

5. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

While that had it's good points, I really have no idea why I even watch this show anymore. I just listened more or less while playing on the net. The only other redeeming things where:

1) Duran Duran back together again (the old school me thought it was cool anyway!)

2)Adam Sandler actually being able to converse in Snoop Dogg's language (for rizzle my nizzle, etc)

3)Rock's line about the Olsen Twins being down front, so R Kelly had to be up in the balcony.

And Metallica covering the White Stripes? WTF? How insulting for the Stripes.

And Johnny Cash didn't win any awards? Robbed I tell you, robbed!

But the opening threesome was "interesting."[​IMG]

6. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

MTV selling sex? Nahhh....

7. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

I saw that on the news today... [​IMG]

8. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Meh... I was expecting much better, the whole thing lasted like 0.32 secs.

Christina however can work that ass. Jezas. What is she doing out there? Any woman who can move like that belongs in my bed [​IMG]

--
    H - I can dream eh?

9. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Johnny Cash should have definitely won some more awards. That guy is a legend! But remember, this is purely a popularity contest. [​IMG]

At least A.F.I. won the MTV 2 award! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Coldplay's video was cool. I can't imagine the amount of planning that went into that one. However, I would have liked Sum 41 to win that breakthrough video award, because I don't think a video has been done with all action figures in the past. But Coldplay definitely deserves the win in direction.

Why did I know that Good Charlotte would get Viewer's Choice? Easy. I just went by which person/band has the most crazy fans. [​IMG]

As far as Madonna, Britney, and Christina go, all I have to say is [​IMG].

10. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I didn't get to see it yet. Now I can't wait to see it. It will be rerun about 100 times I'll watch that part every time it's showed.

11. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Britney certainly seemed to enjoy that a little more than was expected... Which is a good thing in my book :b[​IMG]

12. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Oh, yeah, there was tounge there... and it was all from Britney.

13. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

and both Britney and Christina look older than Madonna... WTF?

14. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I missed the first 15 min of it today. I saw a replay of the kiss though. I still want to see Christina shake that thang.

15. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

BTW - did anyone else think that this year's VMAs were one of the WORST live directed shows they've ever seen? I didn't see a single musical performance where it appeared that the TD actually watched any of the rehearsals. For example, during the opening performance, there were so many unnecessary cuts to disinterested or distracted "stars" in the audience that I often wondered if a monkey was calling the takes. And the cut to a blank-faced Timberlake during Madonna's kissing of Britney and Xtina resulted in the tv audience missing Madonna kissing Xtina altogether.

Another example was the performance of Good Charlotte. Damn, it felt like someone had mislabeled the switcher and the TD was randomly taking cameras hoping to find the action. Unbelievably embarassingly bad.

Of course, there were other technical problems including the fact that most presenting pairs weren't properly mic'd. It was embarassing how you could often only clearly hear one of the two presenters. It almost sounded as if they had put shotgun mics on the podium!

That said, I did like the overall 24P look. I think they got the gamma and lift calibrated correctly this time and it _did_ look a lot like film. The camerawork was fine. Too bad the TD so screwed up his job that you didn't get a chance to really see it.

-greg

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

17. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

music as an art has pretty much been driven underground... now its music as a buiseness[​IMG]

18. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Well in my book it was pretty disgusting and on a whole embarassing to American pop-culture. Of course that's merely my book. Make your own judgments but in my opinion it's sick.

19. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

I consider it sad. Britney and Christina are scared that they're yesterday's news and that probably explains why they agreed to this publicity stunt. Madonna, on the other hand, would GLADLY run you or me down with her car if it meant getting her name into the press. Sadly, the only ones who would talk about her, as usual, is that reliable cadre of entertainment reporters who still treat her like a "goddess", and NOT the general public, who stopped buying her albums, seeing her movies, and generally giving a shit about her 10 years ago. [​IMG]

20. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Amen Ric!

The trio of Little Women made the news, pathetic...

BTW, what army are you in?