What's new

MTV Video Music Awards (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
It was nice to see Michelle Branch get an award, a younger musician with a lot of talent, IMO.

MTV news has a small blurb about Michelle thats pretty fun to watch. Apparently she totally forgot to thank her parents, and called them up immediately after and begged their forgiveness.

Michelle has been one of my favorite new artists since I saw her on Buffy.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
What the heck is wrong with just being...normal
The last 10 years of music, starting with the Seattle invasion and ending with Linkin Park ... they tried to be "normal".
Normal is boring in music. I need to be entertained :)
Give me a POISON song anyday over a depressive song about your father molesting you, someone "pushing you off a ledge" ... or whatever else. Must each song on the radio be a therapy session for the band? :)
Whatever happened to GIRLS. GIRLS, GIRLS?
God Bless the HIVES and the VINES ... at least they are trying to freaking party ...
And what's up with Nelly and Ashanti trying to do (Lip)Singing in the Rain !?!?!?
>>> RANT OFF

Frederick

Second Unit
Sorry ... late to the party ...
My wife and I watched thr VMA's, and we both had mixed feelings over the whole thing. We both thought Christina was on something, and my wife made a comment about her out-skanking J-Lo this year. The host (I can't remember his name) was so not-funny it was painful, although my wife thought his opening act was hillarious. And yes, Justin needs to sync back with his boyz. I don't see that solo career going very far.
The one thing we did agree on was P-Diddy. His perfromance made the show worth watching to us. People, did you see all the running, jumping and dancing he was doing? I don't see him doing all of that AND singing the song. It wouldn't sound that hot. Now, if it were a live concert performance and it was all lip-sync'd, that would be a different matter. But this was the VMA's, guys. I think he was going for the *WOW* factor, and he achieved it to us. We were impressed with the whole circus. I guess our expectations weren't that high.
I'm not that big into music anymore, but my wife is. A lot of people I saw last week I didn't know. I'm going to stick to my old-skool and dusties. I'll leave this new madness to all you whipper-snappers out there :D ...
Freddy C.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Frederick--Trust me, you ain't missing anything at all if you were to use MTV as your musical guide.
All that running and jumping around is great and all...but it's as if the music is only secondary...playing second fiddle (so to speak) to all the histrionics. When you need that much flash in your show that tells me the music can't stand on its own as entertainment. Like I said...all style and no substance. When I want to see a bunch of guys running and jumping around I go to a basketball game.:)
Look away people...the good stuff is elsewhere...just look for it.

Frederick

Second Unit
Brian,
:laugh: That's P-Diddy in a nutshell. Take away the pyro and the synthisizer and he'd have a problem. God forgive me, I'm about to sound like my father, rest his soul, but I just don't understand "music" today. Granted, there's still artists out there that stir the soul and have ACTUAL talent, but the majority of what's out there now to my ears is noise. I found that I'm embrasing jazz more and more every day. I even braved catching the West Nile virus and went to Chicago's Annual Jazz Festival. It saved me from my son's "Lil'" people (Bow-Wow, Romeo, etc.). There's hope, people. At least an escape ...
Freddy C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks