What's new

MTV music awards video quality... (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I noticed that the MTV video music awards show tonight looks a lot more like film than video. What's causing this?

I really can't describe what makes it look different to me but it looks better anyway.

thanks
Scott

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I thought with all the negative reactions, MTV would go back to more traditional 30 fps video presentation. This looks AWFUL in my opinion. It's not even 24 fps. It feels like I am watching it via webcam.

Shane Archer

Agent
Like most of what MTV does, they do it to make it seem more "cool" in the eyes of those who watch it most. I don't think the complaints really bother them if they are not in the 12-19 age group.

And yea, I'm not a big fan of it. Sure doesn't make it seem live, that's for sure!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it's the 1080p24 cameras. All I know is that Johnny Cash got screwed over so that the awards could be divided between Missy Eliot, Eminem, 50 Cent, and Justin Timberlake. Only highlights was the Madonna on Brittany action in the opening and Coldplay's performance.

When did it stop being about music?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It can't be 24fps, it's way too choppy. When there was movement such as camera panning folloing people walk it was horrendous.. a step in the wrong direction.

Another reason for this framrate other than the cool factor may be to help with covering up the "singers" lip syncing.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
If I were to have to adjust my capture sync by only using ther perormances...I'd only be able to go with Coldplay...which looked damn good to me. I do wish something bigger would have been done to celebrate the 20th anniversary...though I did mark out for a bit of Nirvana at the end.

James T

Screenwriter
I didn't notice anything being choppy. I just noticed that the MTV music award show sucked. And I hated Chris Rock as the host.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I hated the way this show looked, too. In fact the comment about it looking like a webcam was right on the money. I had to turn it off after five minutes because it was giving me a headache.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
Not only was the video bad but so was the audio. I couldn't even hear half the people at the microphone.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
The only good part was the first 5 minutes anyways.
WOW!!!!! How did I miss that? :eek:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
it was funny. I wa so dissapointed i missed the Kiss..... yummm. but good old mtv replayed the whole musice awards right after the post show. so i saw it. yay!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I've never been really fond of Christina, but who knew she had such a great ass?! The way she was gyrating and swivelling her ass in close conjunction with Madonna was quite mesmerizing. The extremely high cut of her hot pants, bronzed cheeks popping out, coupled with the way she arched her back...great eye candy last night. The remainder of the show was all bland in comparison.

BTW...for those who missed the first broadcast last night - MTV cuts away from the kiss too quickly during the performance. To see darting tongues, it's not until the aftershow immediately following the awards ceremony were you able to see a slow-motion breakdown of the kiss, followed by a breakaway shot of Justin Timberlake's not-too-happy mug.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Christina and Britney both have gone to hell appearance wise.

However, Christina looked hotter on this show than in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks