MTV Movie Awards

FredK

Second Unit
This is why I can't stand MTV, they have become a complete mockery of their foundations. I know this isn't supposed to be the Oscars, but some of the picks make absolutely no sense, I guess, unless you are an MTV Vidiot, which I suppose that is who they pander to......sigh..
I haven't seen any MTV in at least 10 years, but I understand they're entertaining people for the moment with no thought of the long term (they'll just reinvent the next moment however is fit). So what if they have a flash in the pan we manipulate everything for your enjoyment move awards show if... it's entertaining to those they're trying to entertain! It's obviously not us, so it shouldn't drive us nuts.

If someone wants to watch a dubbed pan & scan thoughtless movie because they ENJOY IT that's great, and if this award show works for the moment that that's great too.

If anything, we should commend them on good timing for the virtual performance award, it is time to recognize the work put in and there's enough annual performances to justify an award.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Accorinding to this article from the AP, the MTV Movie Awards ceremonies took place yesterday. You can read about it here.

WARNING: Since it doesn't air till June 5, there are spoilers as the winners are mentioned in the article.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sandler gets a "Best Comedic Performance" for Mr. Deeds!? He was the least funny person in that movie, which is saying alot because the movie sucked.
I agree. And I love a lot of Sandler films.

What bugs me is that its not like there aren't plenty of MTV award level performances to choose from that were better than him. Popular or not they could have taken some other MTV icon type to replace his horrible effort.

What about Matt Lillard in Scooby Doo. And for the girls dramatic why not Erika Christensen in Swimfan. Both of those fit the MTV generation, are generally not good films, yet each individual performance seems good enough to fit the bill. At least Erika didn't ruin her film, and Lillard was probably the one stand out in his.

Anyway, as I said before, I'll just watch for the gags so who cares what the real picks were. It just bugs me that they can't even do their own format well.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mukashilaneha