MTV Cribs on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I love this show and was wondering if there is any plans on bringing it to dvd? Of course my favorite houses are the ones that have the custom home theaters. Roy Jones Jr's was sweet!

2. AnthonyR

AnthonyR Agent

I like Cribs as well but I can’t watch more 2 shows in a row without feeling nauseous from all that zooming in and out camera technique they like doing.

3. kevin_asai

kevin_asai Stunt Coordinator

I love this show. :b

4. Chad Parks

Chad Parks Stunt Coordinator

The one with Mariah Carey was so unintentionally funny and surreal that I would LOVE to own it. That and the Hugh Hefner Playboy mansion episode...

5. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    While I don't know if I would buy a DVD, this is definitely the only show I'll watch on MTV. My wife and I usually just sit there and make jokes about how they can give you money, but they can't give you taste. [​IMG]

6. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I only watch it to see what kind of home theater setups they have, and to see how many DVDs they have. And what's up with pretty much everyone who has been on the show owning Scarface?

And yea, that Mariah Carey one was funny. She looked like she had been doing a bit too many drugs before hand.

7. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    I watched the one with Hugh Hefner, and he has actual FILMS! And he looked like he had some master tapes too. Is there a way you can house-jack someone? [​IMG]

8. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    Roger Ebert wrote an essay on a visit to movie night at the PB mansion. I guess they have two a week: one for contemporary movies, and one for classic movies. For the classic movie, Hugh does research and gives a little history before the screening. And the classic movies aren't all "Citizen Kane" and "Gone With the Wind". He gets some really obscure stuff.

9. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I don't find people showing off their house and bragging about the BLING BLING entertaining [​IMG]

10. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Todd,I actually do find it pretty entertaining to watch them brag about their bling bling and show off. Some of them are so funny. I loved the one of Redmans house. He lives in the ghetto and his condo is a wreck. His front screen door had the screen hanging off of it. And he looked totally out of it during the whole scene. It was funny. But I do have to admit, I like all the material things and I love to sit there and lust over the homes and car's I will never have. And you already know the main reason I watch it. I am all about seeing the home theaters. [​IMG]