What's new

MTV and PARAMOUNT: WE WANT BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD ON DVD (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Season by Season, RESONALBLE PRICES, commentary, UNCUT AND UNAIRED EPISODES and the very funny music videos. Somebody set up a petition so we can get a Animation classic on DVD

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Martin (Blythe, a Paramount representative who sometimes posts here) vaguely mentioned B&B a few months ago. I don't remember what was said (and a search didn't turn anything up), but perhaps he'll drop into this thread and give us an update.

In any case, I would be very surprised if they were able to include the music videos. Seems like a music rights nightmare to me.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yes Martin, please tell us Beavis and Butthead will be released on DVD! I love this show, it's about the only thing I liked about the 'new' MTV.

Everything else on MTV stinks. :p)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I signed the petition. I also hope that if they do release the show. Please include the videos w/commentaries. Also, please release the pulled "fire!" episodes. Just because someone does not know how to supervise their kids and leaves a young child alone. Should not prevent me from watching something.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Come to Butthead.

Is MTV even showing this anymore, even in a graveyard shift time-slot?

The main problem with the videos involves rights issues and it's unlikely that they'll appear on any compilation-- which, in Butthead's terminology, munches butt.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know for sure, but I don't think B&B is even remotely on MTV's schedule. I deleted that awful channel from my TV, so I can't confirm that. But, I haven't seen it listed in the TV Guide. A shame, as it was the last good show they had, IMO.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Yes, please! That would be cool . . . .

Realistically, though, I'm not holding my breath given what are likely to be music clearance nightmares.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Usually on B&B the video's they showed were not from very popular artists, so maybe the music rights won't be a problem as it would give exposure to the artists and the labels that own the rights, and they may welcome the opportunity.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Maybe is better then no. It would be so sweet to have Beavis and Butthead on DVD. It would have to contain the music videos because I will never forget how hard I laughed when they showed Sick Of It All's-Step Down and Beavis did his monkey dance on the couch. O man. Classic

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
MTV & Paramount,
Please release Beavis & Butthead on DVD in season-by-season format.
I know that a DVD called The History of Beavis & Butthead is coming out on DVD soon (I might purchase the DVD since it has 32 episodes but it just stinks that the music videos won't be included).
Here is may idea of what a great Beavis & Butthead DVD should be released on DVD this way:
Season-by-season format (I believe that B&B has close to 199+ episodes)
Include UNCUT AND UNAIRED EPISODES
All episodes must have music videos intact (but include a feature that allows us to play the episodes with or without music videos)
Subtitles should be included for all episodes
Episode commentary would be nice to have
B&B episodes from Liquid Television should be included
BTW: The B&B DVD petition located at http://www.petitiononline.com/BNBDVD/petition.html is now up to 2578 signatures (The petition asks people to list the DVD extras that they want to see on a B&B DVD).
I would instantly jump up & buy a B&B season-by-season DVD if it has all the episodes & music videos intact.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
MTV & Paramount,

Here is an idea about how to put Beavis and Butthead on DVD with the music videos intact. Release season 1 of B&B (probaly won't cost too much since season 1 has very few episodes) on DVD with the music videos + the B&B episodes from Liquid Television. Also release the original unedited episodes + the edited episodes. This is testing the waters. If Season sells well, then release season 2 of B&B the same way as season 1.

MTV & Paramount,

If you do what I just said then I will buy the B&B DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks