What's new

MST3K Volume 7 unveiled..... (1 Viewer)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Well the Digital Archive Project is pretty much what it sounds like, an effort to "Keep circulating the tapes" until Rhino releases them. Hobgoblins and Phantom Planet were immediately de-whitelisted when the maintainers of the list heard they were going to be in the next set. All the eps are available in divx/xvid its just the DVDs that is the latest project. Main distribution method is a private edonkey server. Read the faq, follow the steps, come visit us on the IRC server. It's not too scary!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Everything regarding the use of DAP is perfectly spelled out on the site. And I'm not a moron or anything, but I still gave up eventually. I got on the IRC server and couldn't find anything. Guess I'll just wait 'til hell freezes over to see all the eps of MST3K I've been missing over the years...

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
What it boils down to is setting up a dedicated install of an older version of edonkey (so overnet can be disabled), removing the public server list, adding a dummy file so sees you sharing, and then jumping on their irc server for the ip and port. Since this isn't exactly the right forum to go much further in detail anyone can feel free to email me at [email protected] if I can be of further assistance.

I know I am have a hell of a wonderful time discovering and rediscovering the show. I am even willing to put up with a little double dipping, I have the single release of Manos and The Essentials set which includes Manos, (I even own un-MSTied Manos). I haven't picked Volume 7 up yet partially because I was broke at the time and now because of the missing segment in Killer Shrews. Was planning to pick it up with The Thin Man box set.

Jason-D

Agent
The corrected version of The Killer Shrews is now being packed in new copies of set #7. The set that I received from DDD (backordered during the 20% off sale) has the uncut version of the film.

Jason-D

Agent
Since I haven't seen the original version, I can't make any direct comparisons but my copy has item # R2 970404 on the spine and 1566059062 for an ISBN.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Jason-D, are you sure the disc in uncut? It makes little sense that the replacement discs would get out to the stores (online or not) that fast....unless the MST3K sets are produced in very small quantities....which I doubt.

Jason-D

Agent
If the transcript of what was missing from Dane Marvin's post #26 is correct then my DVD has the narration in question and I'm assuming must be the revised version. Markings that I can make out on the reverse of the disc hub include 3 970404V2.4A VC02, IFPI L908, and M131. These markings can be read normally. There are also markings that are backwards, mirror images, IFPI L907 and 3 970404V2.4B VB01. The number printed on the front of the disc is R2-970404-D/B&W/+ or - 135 Mins. Hope this helps.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
In the incorrect version, you really do notice that there is an awkward cut to the scene immediately following the missing narration. Even if you did not know the narration was supposed to be there (which I didn't until I heard it from MST3K fans who had the episode on tape), you'd notice that it's an awkward cut. Some would probably assume that this is one of many cuts that Best Brains did intentionally to make the episode fit time constraints. But it wasn't so in this case.

It doesn't surprise me greatly that corrected versions have surfaced now. The production run is, I would guess, much smaller than many other titles. And since DDD has likely gone out of stock on this title many times due to their great price (plus the recent 20% off sale), perhaps Rhino has already been delivering them corrected stuff. Good to know if it's true!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes, that is good news if it's true because, of course, it means that we who already have the cut DVD will be getting the new disc in the mail soon enough! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Now what shall we do with the old DVD's?

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
hmmm might be time to make my first DDD order since the appear to have the fixed set. Thats the problem with being overseas, you can't really send things back if there is a issue.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So.....it's been 20 days since the last post....anyone got the replacement disc yet? I haven't.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Well I took a chance and ordered it from Amazon a couple of days ago, I will see if they had the new stock by then or not. If not I guess I go begging to see if they will assist with an international customer.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I picked up a copy in the States on holiday, mailed Dr. Rhino when I was there from a public library and haven't heard anything bar my initial reply, which was pretty sparse: "You will get a replacement disc."

I figured I'd wait a month due to overseas post and bureaucracy, but I'm surprised to see that no one else has gotten a replacement disc yet. Maybe they're waiting to see how many requests they get before doing a print run?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
That sucks Nigel.....I guess Jason-D is the only one who has the corrected version so far....(cough)...:).....just kidding.

Has anyone who did a follow up E-Mail to Rhino received a response? They answered to the first E-Mail fairly quickly.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I'm not too bothered. Given there's been no official release date for Vol. 8, I figure it'll just give me another episode to torture the wife with ;-).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks