What's new

MST3K Vol. 11 is coming...but.... (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
VOLUME 11 UPDATE
Our source at Rhino Home Video tells us the release date for The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 11 has been pushed back slightly. It is now tentatively due out on May 15. There is still no word on which episodes will be included.

From mst3kinfo.com

I say, at least it's coming! And I'll be broke until then anway. Sure wish they tell us what we'll all be buying...

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
From MST3K Info -

----------------------------------------------
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 11, tentatively due
out on May 15, will contain:
episode 206- THE RING OF TERROR (with short: THE PHANTOM CREEPS PT 3)
episode 409- THE INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN (with short: UNDERSEA KINGDOM PT
2)
episode 414- TORMENTED
episode 1011- HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND

In addition it will contain these extras:
MST3K Video Jukebox, Volume 2
Original Theatrical Trailers (for all except Ring of Terror)
A "Tormented" Reunion (with Bert I. Gordon, Susan Gordon and Joe Turkel)
MST Hour "Jack Perkins" Wraps for "Tormented"

And, says our source, "future volumes of the MST3K will feature some
pretty exciting extras."

Sampo (hmmm...)
---------------------------------------------

Yay! Can't wait!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome lineup! I don't even remember Ring of Terror. I'm always up for one I don't remember anything about.

Now, Tormented is one of the best ever IMHO. Think Screaming Skull, only better.

I'm always quoting that Undersea Kingdom (if it's the one I"m thinking of). "He's having an episode!!" :D

Horrors of Spider Island may be the hottest episode ever! Lots of yumminess there. The leg crossing bit from the movie and with Mike is a classic.

And my God at the extras! Wow. Just wow.

Great great news! Thanks Roni. :emoji_thumbsup:

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The line-up is a little disappointing to me personally, but I'm glad that this is finally coming out. And the mention of future volumes and intriguing extras is good news. It seems like these are all public domain titles, which should prevent legal troubles.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm definately the opposite. I feel like 9, 10 and now 11 include a wide range from the show's long history. I'm estatic! I actually hope they keep doing it this way, instead of all Joel or all Mike or all TV's Frank.... Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
With Beginning of the End in limbo and Amazing Colossal Man yanked back in the days of VHS, I didn't think we'd ever see another Bert I. Gordon movie released!
Horrors of Spider Island is one episode I thought they were actually watching a bootleg tape, it looks that bad! Although that somehow adds to the experience. :laugh:

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Two more news items from MST3K Info -

-----------------------
* First, some mildly bad news: Volume 11's release date has been moved
back to June 26.
* Now, some better news: The rights have been renegotiated, and Volume
1 should be back on store shelves soon.
-----------------------

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome. I already have Vol 1 but that's good news for people who don't and hope for any other sets that have dropped out (hello 9 and 10).

I have to admit, I'm one person who says "yay" to a June release. Tough to wait, but at least by then I'll probably be able to pick up Vols 6, 7 & 8 I don't have yet.

I'm looking forward to the Bert I Gordon extra. I'm thinking Empire of the Ants from Gordon would've been a super episode if they'd used it. All the American International stuff I can't understand why they didnt' get to that one or Reptilicus. Perhaps they could do a Rifftrax of those if Bert says "ok". ;)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I was just watching "Ring of Terror" and noticed a odd edit at 55:54. The screen goes suddenly black and silent, then fades back up to the next scene. Is that how it originally was broadcast?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
During the CC years, commercial breaks at the hour mark did not have bumps or host segments. They just went to commercial and back again just as you described.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Still, it seems like a very abrupt edit. I haven't seen anything similar on other CC era shows I've been watching (and I've been watching a lot of my VHS tapes lately.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure it's normal since I've seen that on other MST3K episodes before. My guess is that they had to do that occasionally to fit the show into its running time (like if a segment ran long or they had a joke they didn't like).

You're best bet is to check out http://www.mst3kinfo.com If there's a problem, they'll know.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
A lot of MST3K movies are truncated for various reasons. The most likely culprit is the prints they got ("Mitchell," for example, was the television version which cut out half an hour of footage) or if there was 'objectionable material' (rape, for example, in various films).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks