MST3K pre-orders for March 26th

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Hedtke, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v5_sea...ence&media_id=
    Two more titles on the way: I Accuse My Parents (Episode #507) and Red Zone Cuba (Episode #619).
    One Joel Hodgson episode...not bad...but, we definitely need "MORE, MORE, MORE" (Reading up on MST3K'S history, that was a response the station recieved after it aired the first episode).
    Bruce

2. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

I Accuse My Parents is a Joel episode - his last was Mitchell (512).

3. Bruce Hedtke

:b My bad. Thanks for correcting me, Peter. I edited the original message.

Bruce

4. Peter D

Nothing to be ashamed of - I actually was hesitant to mention it since I find it rather disturbing that I pretty much know the show by ep #. [​IMG]
    Personally, I'd love to see more season three & four, but I guess we're doomed to just get re-releases of the eps that Rhino already put out on tape. If that has to be the case, I wish they'd at least go with better eps like Pod People and Cave Dwellers. Red Zone Cuba just hurts.

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I wouldn't list these two among my favorite episodes, but I will of course be adding these two to my MST DVD shelf.
    I want some of the 'shorts' on DVD already! [​IMG]

6. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

All of you have to realize that the reason they're only re-releasing the episodes they put out on VHS is because they (and Best Brains) are unable to clear the rights to utilize the movies riffed in any of the other episodes.

7. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Are the "shorts" tapes the same shorts that are contained in regular episodes, or are the unique to the "shorts" tapes? I am building a collection of ALL MST3K episodes and extras, and want to be complete!

8. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I want some season 7 episode, actually. Laserblast needs to be on DVD. And the final 3 on Sci-Fi were brilliant.

Man, I loved this show. So sad that it will just waste away on the shelf because some miser won't give up the rights to Overdrawn at Memory Bank.

9. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

10. Peter D

Well, I knew that the rights issue would be a problem with rerunning MST3K way back when I was watching it on Comedy Central, which is why I got everything on tape when I could.

BUT, I find it hard to believe that, even if these *are* the only movies in the public domain, that Rhino couldn't negotiate to get the rights to release others if they wanted to. My guess is that it's not profitable enough for them to spend any more time/money attempting to do so, which is fine, but I wish they'd just be up front about it.

11. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Rhino should have some kind of pre-order system set up where they can turn a modest profit and get the rights to a certain film if enough people agree to put up the cash for it with their purchasing dollars.

Far-fetched, but hey, better than nothing? I dearly love all the MST3k eps I have on tape and on VHS, but I'd rather be getting new DVD eps than replacing all my VHS ones. Although this isn't bad, as my VHS episodes have literally been watched to the point of exhaustion in some cases.

We need 'Attack of The The Eye Creatures' and other such classics on DVD. I don't know why rights holders would be so stingy. Does anybody really think Horror at Party Beach is suddenly going to find a massive audience it has previously been unable to reach?

12. Bruce Hedtke

DVD has spoiled me on MST3K. No commercial breaks is probably the biggest relief. I try to revisit the few episodes I have taped and it's almost like pulling teeth. Sorry, but I don't need 8 year old Jello commercials.

Bruce

13. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

The pace at which MST3K is being released to DVD makes me very happy that there are alternate methods for obtaining most episodes (without commercials).

14. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Steve,

What is the best way to acquire those episodes? I have some but am looking for more? Thks

15. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Emil: http://mst3k.dapcentral.org/
    I'm not sure if the content there violates any of the forum's rules. If it crosses the line, moderators, please delete my post.

16. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

Kevin Murphy himself approves of their activities, FWIW.

17. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Thanks Adam

18. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy