What's new

MSNBC.com "facelift" (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought the previous version was fine, this looks horrible. But, I guess I'll have to get used to it no matter what. What do you think?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
E-mail them. I just did. This is what I sent:

I had no problem with the previous version, but this facelift looks horrible. Please bring the previous version back!

Thank you,
Thomas C.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I rarely visited MSNBC in the past, but this design looks like a step backward, more like a circa 1997 design than the sleek look of their various competators. Shame, since MS just revamped the look of Hotmail and it looks great!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I popped their today to check on the hot news story of the day (no comment since it may close the thread :rolleyes:) but I found the whole site harder to navigate then I thought; and the color scheme really doesn't work well on my eyes.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
It just looks, I don't know... sloppy and jagged. And it looks like it's running on some kind of code, since when you try to navigate other things dissapear. I'm wondering what kind of system hog it is!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Can barely browse the site from home. On a dial-up account, the site takes forever to load and acts very strangely — it keeps blinking on and off and on and off before finally loading. One story appeared to load, but all it gave me was the headline and reporter's byline and no text. From my wideband connection at work, it loads with no problems. But the look is horrible. As mentioned, it has the appearance of the kinds of page designs you saw back in the mid-'90s.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I don't like it either, now my weather is on another page, and my stocks that I track are nowhere to be found.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Hmmm.

I will be the lone voice of assent here, I think it looks cleaner than the old site. The old one just didn't do it for me. Ah well, to each his own. :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm kinda with rick. i just browsed it really briefly, but i like it enough. i like how the nav on the left-hand side works better now.

aesthetics really don't matter to me on these kinds of sites...as long as the info is accurate.

but it does seem a little "shaky" from a performance pov???

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like it more than the old one. It's clean and easier to navigate. It's too slow though, and the arrows next to the items in the left navigation bar don't make any sense, since that kind of arrows are normally used with sub-menu items pop-ups, and there are none there. Not a great site, but a slight improvement over the old one, which I didn't like at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks