MSNBC.com "facelift"

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ThomasC, Dec 12, 2003.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I thought the previous version was fine, this looks horrible. But, I guess I'll have to get used to it no matter what. What do you think?

2. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

This new look sucks.

3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Terrible.

4. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Yuk ! [​IMG]

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

E-mail them. I just did. This is what I sent:

6. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I rarely visited MSNBC in the past, but this design looks like a step backward, more like a circa 1997 design than the sleek look of their various competators. Shame, since MS just revamped the look of Hotmail and it looks great!

7. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Yep, I popped their today to check on the hot news story of the day (no comment since it may close the thread [​IMG] ) but I found the whole site harder to navigate then I thought; and the color scheme really doesn't work well on my eyes.

8. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    It just looks, I don't know... sloppy and jagged. And it looks like it's running on some kind of code, since when you try to navigate other things dissapear. I'm wondering what kind of system hog it is!

9. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Can barely browse the site from home. On a dial-up account, the site takes forever to load and acts very strangely — it keeps blinking on and off and on and off before finally loading. One story appeared to load, but all it gave me was the headline and reporter's byline and no text. From my wideband connection at work, it loads with no problems. But the look is horrible. As mentioned, it has the appearance of the kinds of page designs you saw back in the mid-'90s.

10. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

I don't like it either, now my weather is on another page, and my stocks that I track are nowhere to be found.

11. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Hmmm.

I will be the lone voice of assent here, I think it looks cleaner than the old site. The old one just didn't do it for me. Ah well, to each his own. [​IMG]

12. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i'm kinda with rick. i just browsed it really briefly, but i like it enough. i like how the nav on the left-hand side works better now.

aesthetics really don't matter to me on these kinds of sites...as long as the info is accurate.

but it does seem a little "shaky" from a performance pov???

13. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I like it more than the old one. It's clean and easier to navigate. It's too slow though, and the arrows next to the items in the left navigation bar don't make any sense, since that kind of arrows are normally used with sub-menu items pop-ups, and there are none there. Not a great site, but a slight improvement over the old one, which I didn't like at all.