What's new

MS threatening to pull X-Box from Australia (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Dave, as has been said before, most companies will exchange the disc for under $10.
I'm 99.9% sure Sega isn't going to replace your defective/damaged copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. (To say nothing of a damaged/defective copy of Radiant Silvergun......)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Again, it's YOUR PROBLEM. YOU screwed up the CD, YOU're screwed

Sorry to be blunt, but it's not Sega's problem you can't take care of your CDs

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Sorry to be blunt, but it's not Sega's problem you can't take care of your CDs
But you can take care of them. You can copy them. ;) Frankly if I had a game that runs $200+ on eBay I wouldn't even have the guts to take it out of the package, much less copy it.
The real kick in the pants is that, AFAIK, I can still copy my music CDs and it's totally legal. For the time being, anyway.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
K, if my kid runs his XBox game of say NFL 2K3 over to his friend's place for him to try... i.e. borrowing it... is that illegal?

If it ain't... throw in "you're allowed to make a personal copy" into the mix. So now my kid has that at home.

I don't buy the Aussie Court's logic...

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Exactly. It's probably no coincidence that this decision came only a couple months after an Australian court ruled that all-region DVD players should be legal partly on the grounds that they "promoted competition" by forcing local distributors to compete with imports. Will MS/Sony/Nintendo get the message? Probably not. Oh well.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I have to buy a 'piracy chip' just to play out-of-region games.

I don't want a 'piracy chip'. I just want no region restrictions. It ticks me off that I have to buy a piracy chip to do that.
I carry the same feelings. Back when I had my old playstation modded it was a straight regional device, worked a treat. I'd love something like that for the X-box that didn't allow pirated software. Tough to find a source to fit any kind of x-box chip here as it is though. The price of UK box games are just driving me up the wall.

I am impressed with PAL x-box game conversions, they are good and MOST see releases shortly after US release, but now and then there are significant delays, but most of all it's just the cost of software for me that makes me wish I could get my machine modified to run US software. I've had the X-Box since May and only have 4 titles, there's lots of other titles out there I want, but I just' can't pay the UK prices as often as I'd like.

Dan

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
As long as your backup accompanies that game everywhere, no
:D LOL Jeff, I was hoping someone would raise that...
...and of course ALL of Aussieland is doing that.;)
Just like anyone who burns a CD, brings the original with them.
Third world logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks