What's new

Ms. Swan: The Movie! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
That's right. According to this article (scroll down to the "It's Not Pat" paragraph), Alex Borstein has written and is now shopping around the screenplay about everyone's favorite lady Ms. Swan. Normally I'd be apprehensive about any kind of movie based on TV skit but Ms. Borstein has showcased her writing skills on Family Guy and she's got it. I have high hopes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I like the character, but I'm not sure I could take 90 minutes of her.

James T

Screenwriter
I don't think it will work as a movie. I like Alex as a writer, but a 90 min flick...I just don't know how it will work out.

If they were to do a MAD tv movie, they should make it with Sasso doing an Arnold/Steven Seagal/Kenny Rogers movie. I'd pay to see that.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I also agree that Ms. Swan wouldn't make a great movie. She's annoying enough in a skit length production. I don't know if I could take a feature length version of the character.

Jason

Mark Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
I find this very odd considering there was sketch on MadTV where Ms. Swan sold her life story as a movie idea to Garry Marshall.

I distinctly remember Dennis Hopper with a gun shouting, "If you say 'He looka like a man' one more time then everyone dies!" Also Susan Sarandon was the one protraying Ms. Swan in the movie. It was a very funny sketch.

By the way, I agree that I wouldn't be able to stand Ms. Swan in a movie. I'd probably bamf into the projection booth and tear apart the unit. Ms. Swan is only digestable in a manner of a few minutes, not in ninty or a hundred. Three hours would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
If they were to do a MAD tv movie, they should make it with Sasso doing an Arnold/Steven Seagal/Kenny Rogers movie. I'd pay to see that.
Absolutely! Sasso was the best thing about Mad TV. What is he doing these days?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
If they have any sense, this will be a DTV movie. The list of late night skits turned into movies is long, but the successful ones are only a short part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks