1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Ms. Marvel (Disney+)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Aug 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

MsMarvel_001.
    At D23, it was announced that a Ms. Marvel series, centered around the Kamala Khan iteration of the character, will be coming to Disney+ at an unspecified future date. In the comics, Khan is a Pakistani American teenager from New Jersey. Her powers mostly relate to transformation: she can grow and shrink like Ant-Man, she can elongate limbs like Mr. Fantastic, and and she can shape shift like the Skrulls.

Kevin Feige confirmed that the Ms. Marvel introduced in this series would also appear in Marvel Studios feature films.

Bisha K. Ali ("Four Weddings and a Funeral") will serve as showrunner.

Sean Bryan likes this.
  2. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    This is live action, right? The first report I heard was that it was animated, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm sure they'll pretty much go their own way but the comic book run by G. Willow Wilson was excellent and the best super hero comics that I've read in a long, long time.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Yes, live action. This one won't get made until after the first (only?) seasons of "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier", "WandaVision", "Loki", and "Hawkeye" and probably won't debut on Disney+ until 2022. That's why there's no casting announced yet.

I would guess that they'll use a similar strategy to the casting of Tom Holland as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War for Kamala Khan: wait until fairly close to production and then cast an 18 or 19 year old who looks like she's sixteen.

I had been rooting for this to be a Marvel/Netflix series a few years back, but now I'm happy it didn't go that way since those are kaput and the involvement of Marvel Studios means that the events of the series won't be ignored by the feature films.