What's new

MS AV kit vs. Monster AV kit? (1 Viewer)

PaulJN

Auditioning
Anyone compared these kits? MS kit is $20. The Monster one is $60, then you have to buy Monsters digital audio kit, another $40, to get 5.1. $100 vs. $20. Is there 5x or ?x improvement?

Paul

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Most people I've talked to said there is no difference; a few have said there is some difference under close scrutiny; and a small minority have said there is a noticeable improvement that is worth the added cost.

I figure if you simply want the best, and the rest of your A/V gear already has pricey cables, then go for the Monster kit, because it certainly can't be any worse than the MS Kit, only better.

For me and my basic setup, the MS kit and a $5 dollar optical cable serve me fine.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Some peopel do have problems with the Xbox's breakout box not being sheilded but it really depends on what is next to your console. I'd say go for the MS box and then take the rest of the money and get yourself Live or Splinter Cell.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've had no issue with shielding on the official box, the picture is as clear and solid as my HD Cable Box and DVD players (all of which are connected with big fat 100% copper double-shielded gold-plated cables). The regular Gamecube component cable looks fine too and the individual cables at the end certainly aren't shielded heavily.

The fact is, the HD box and cable are very short, and shielding is typically an issue with longer runs. Plug decent cable into the box and it should be fine.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The deal-killer for me is that proprietary optical port on the Monster Cable.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks