Mr. Show coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Dugan, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Dave Dugan

Dave Dugan Stunt Coordinator

I am SO stoked.
    Last I remember hearing, the two companies that owned the rights had decided there was not even enough consumer interest to warrant a VHS release, much less a DVD outing.
    But then I saw this at thedigitalbits.com (scroll down if they've added more items since I posted this).
    Complete seasons, too. None of that "Best of" crap...
    Rejoice!
    -Dave

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

There is a great video rental store in San Francisco, Le Video, which has more German or French films than the average Blockbuster store has American films.

When i was there last I noticed they a bunch of Mr Show video tapes they could not rent for a fee. But if you rented something they would let you take home a tape for free.

4. Dave Dugan

Dave Dugan Stunt Coordinator

I'd heard of that, Grant.

I'm just glad we're getting wider access to this show.

-Dave

5. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i'm just curious if they are coming february 27th or april 2nd...dark horizons says february 27th for the first set...but then the digital bits says the complete series is coming out on april 2nd...which one is it?

6. Alex Martinez

Alex Martinez Auditioning

it looks like everybody is showing the april date now. maybe they moved it to coincide with the impending release of run ronnie run, previously scheduled for 4/12. i say previously becausebob and david have just posted that new line has pushed it back to, uhh, maybe never! [​IMG] the studio is not even returning phone calls from them! they are encouraging us to e-mail the powers-that-be and "make yourself heard", but "don't be dicks about it":
    [email protected] (head of marketing)
    [email protected] (head of distribution)
    [email protected] (head of something)
    free ronnie,
    alex

7. Grant B

Grant B Producer

8. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

Ugh. It disgusts me how "the man" treats Bob and David. First, HBO screwed their show, and now New Line is screwing their movie. [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, I'm sure, another SNL movie is getting a greenlight. [​IMG]

9. Grant B

Grant B Producer

My wife's cousin is a regular on the show...I always catch her on it for a few minutes..... since they tend it show it at 3am generally

I am sure in 10 years it will be seen as a comedy classic and HBO will pat themselves on the back for showing it

10. Alex Martinez

11. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

It's good to see it coming out on DVD. Mr. Show was one of the continually top notch sketch comedies on the air.

Sad, truly, that "different" comedy goes nowhere when crap like "Corky Romano: FBI" & "Joe Dirt" can get to the big screen.

12. Alex Martinez

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    according to bob and david, hbo is seriously considering scrapping the dvd release (even though they are "produced, packaged, and ready to ship to your basement"! apparently, hbo wants to tie it in with run ronnie run, but new line has still not decided if/when they will ever release it.
    the boys did not give any hbo contact info, so the best i could find was this one . let's make our voices heard (or at least our words read)- all those eps are taking too much space on my tivo!
    alex

13. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit