The feeling to know that
I'll be back
When tomorrow's new
And I'll have more ideas for you
And you'll have things you'll want to talk about

I Will Too.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I am old enough to remember the earliest episodes of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood when it was done in black and white! Gawd, it makes me feel very old indeed.

His kind and gentle soul will be sorely missed by everyone. :frowning:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I'm almost too choked up to comment. :frowning:

I never expected that I would be this upset at the passing of a celebrity, maybe thats because in my heart I viewed him as an old friend and not a celeb.
Fred Rodgers never did TV commericals and was never a man who tried to hog the stage and cash in on his personality.
He truly cared about people especially "little people" and I for one am deeply saddened by his passing.

May all the days in your new neighborhood be beautiful ones Mr. Rodgers.

I'll miss you. I feel so sad that the new children of this new generation won't be as lucky to grow up with him as many of us did. :frowning:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Like most of you, I grew up watching his show. I was saddenned when he retired a few years back as there has nmot been anyone who could replace him. I'll certainly miss him.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Rest in peace Mr. Rogers. One of the last "pure" memories of my childhood go with him - I can't recall anything ever coming out that painted him in a bad light, no expose or hard copy material. Seems he was in real life just like his show. I think they broke the mold after him. :frowning: You will be missed.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I'm another one that grew up with Mr Rogers. A truly sad day. Best wishes to his surviving family and friends.
JQ

James T

Screenwriter
I heard it on the news this morning when my alarm clock went off.

It's sad. I remember watching his show as a kid.

Same thing with Mr. Dressup(Ernie Coombs), part of the original Rogers crew. These two people, I grew up with watching the shows everyday

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I heard about the loss of Mr. Rogers this morning as I was getting ready for work. The first image that ran through my mind was of him, putting on those Red Running Shoes. I can still remember sitting in front of my TV as a child and watching his little trolly go by.

The excerpt playing on the radio was of him accepting a lifetime achievement award, and asking the audience "Did anyone here grow up in my neighbourhood?", to which he recieved a surprisingly loud ovation.

It would be an understatement to say that Mr. Rogers has been a tremendously positive influence on many lives, and has touched many of our souls.

We'll miss you neighbour, but I'm sure you're finding yourself in great company today. ;)

Rest in Peace Kind Sir.

Moe.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Fred Rogers was a National Treasure.

Incorruptible, Steadfast, and True.

We’ll miss you. :frowning:

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Those images from my childhood are crystal clear years later. I sincerely appreciate the fact that on those times when my parents were too busy to play with me, doing their "parent" things, Mr. Rogers was always there for 30 minutes to keep me company, to teach me, to pretend with me.

Chris

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe that one of the greatest icons of my childhood has finally passed away. I'm going to miss him. Rest in Peace Mr. Rogers.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It is indeed sad that an era has come to an end, and that the children of tomorrow won't have a Fred Rogers, Ernie Coombs (Mr. Dressup), Robert Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) or Bob Homme (The Friendly Giant) to befriend them in TV land with new programming. I too grew up with all of these people, and will fondly remember the time I spent with them as a child. They can never be replaced.

Rest in peace Mr. Rogers. You will be deeply missed.

"Won't you be my neighbor?"

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
:frowning: Mr. Rogers was my favorite show when I was a kid. His show was and still is one of the best children's show ever. I am really sad to see him go. I was always happy to go to his neighborhood.

Might I add that there will never be another children's show that reaches the level of Mr. Rogers. They just don't make quality children's programming like that anymore.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Just watched a lovely tribute on the Pittsburgh PBS (WQED - Mr. Roger's homestation). Everyone at the station knew and loved him; to a man they say that he was the same person on and off the air.

As my stay at Pitt overlapped with the filming of some episodes, one of my regrets is that I never tried to go see the set. I guess I just figured it would last forever.

So sad... :frowning:

Evan

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I remember when home video recorders first came out, he brought one on his show and had a shelf of videotapes that he pulled out and played, I thought that was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen! :) Does anyone have a copy of that show or any of the older ones? I've got a CED videodisc of his "Goes to School" special; they put out 1 other CED of him that I haven't found yet.

Clint B

Second Unit
I can't believe Mr. Rogers' passing is affecting me so deeply. I quit watching the show over 20 years ago, but watching "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" was a daily ritual for much of my childhood. Mr. Rogers taught wonderful lessons that are with me to this day.

You will be missed, Mr. Rogers. God bless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks