What's new

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - 2-Disc Unrated Edition - 6/6/06 (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
All I can say is: whaaaaa....? :thumbsdown:

EDIT: But hey, we also get the 2-Disc Collector's Editions of The Searchers and Stagecoach on the same day, so all is well!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I remember there was a couple of scenes missing from the movie that were in the trailer, who knows, maybe the film will actually be good this time around.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I held off on Mr. & Mrs. Smith & Fantastic 4 because of the rampant rumors of Fox pulling the same thing they did with Man On Fire, Day After Tomorrow & I, Robot. Once again waiting paid off (& it's not like me to practice patience but Fox is just too predictable). All right, now let's announce the F4 SE.

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think that'll happen until 2007 when the sequel comes out.

I too am glad I waited and didn't get the 1-disc version, Also your right FOX is soo Predictable.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
If I'm not mistaken, the producer of the DVD said that the commentaries that are included on the initial disc won't be carried over.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I dont think they ever announced this when the original disc came out but the practice of releasing the films twice is so prevalent nowadays that it was obvious a future release was on the cards.

Now hands up those who dont think we will see another unrated release of Saw II and Underworld : Evolution.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I also thought this was announced earlier because I can clearly remember thinking to hold off on the first DVD release because I knew this one was coming...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

That's because it was, on this very forum in fact, by the guy producing the SE DVD: David Prior. Here the relevant info from this thread:

"But in this case, rest assured that the content for the 2 disc release is nowhere near finished and won't be for some time, so at least it's not a case of the studio sitting on a release purely to milk the single disc."

"Yes, it's mine. I just finished the single disc a few weeks ago and the double is underway."

"The commentaries will not, since it will be a different cut of the film. New commentaries will be recorded with this new cut. The few deleted scenes on the single may make it, depending on space."

I passed on the original thanks to this info. Quite a few things popping up on June 6 now.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I bought the single-disc based on the above info, and am eagerly awaiting the two-disc. I like extras, so sue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks