What's new

Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The dvd backcover for the anchor bay release is now up at dvd empire.com. Once you get to the site, just type in hulk , and then click on the pic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
does anyone find it odd that the second movie was called "trial" of the incredible hulk.
there never really was a trial.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Funnier still is when Dr. Banner's beard miraculously disappears when he transforms into the Hulk.:b

Howie

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Anybody Watch the Final American Trailer for The Hulk Movie? It premiered on the web today. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I like how they retained things from both the Comic and TV Show and then changed it a bit with the Mythos and Adding Nolte's character influencing the Hulk's origin. With X2 tonight and Matrix and Hulk later this is a good spring so far.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have found out that the way the Ang Lee picture ends,sets up the sequel to be alot like the tv series , bigtime. Ill leave it at that, my source?,the new hulk novel by Peter David,. just read it. ;) [its ]at the [/last page.]

MattHR

Screenwriter
On my set, probably because of a setting I use for most film-based DVD's - I see plenty of "jaggies".
Post-production and editing was completed in the video domain for these TV movies. The dead giveaway for this type of editing is when the title credits appear in "video" overlay, rather than optical titles imbedded on the film.
There was heavy use of visual "effects" in RETURN, but very amateur in quality. Even the slow-motion scenes appear very crude, because they were done in video processing, as opposed to during filming. The whole production is sub-par. It's too bad, because the series was always able to make so much out of so little.

The back cover of the DVD states mono audio, but RETURN is actually in decent stereo (after the mono opening title sequence borrowed from the original series). The audio for TRIAL is mono, but was originally broadcast in stereo. I don't know why they didn't use the stereo master.

The 3 DVD volumes of the original Hulk series (PAL, region 2) are all much better quality than these newer TV movies. The transfers actually look like film, as opposed to the heavily processed "video" look of the TV movies.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I heard a certain store will have the anchor bay release for 15.xx dollars, i like to see who would pricematch that.I think ill just stick with my current order, instead of going through the hassle of pricematching.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I am really suprised that with less than 48 hours till the release of the anchor bay set, that all the major dvd review sites dont have a review up yet.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Heck, Tony, with both Circuit City and Target selling it for $15.99, and with Wal-Mart probably going even lower on it ($15.19 or less is likely, IF they stock it - which they probably will), I don't think any Hulk fan needs to think twice about picking this up. I don't need a review to let me know that the telefilms were only marginally good, and then mostly for the cheese factor...but that the supplements and collectability alone make this worthwhile for any Hulk fan! :wink:

I'm sure glad I passed on that streetbreaker selling it for the SRP of $30...half off is my kinda price! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hi David, what i meant was i need the review to hold me over, because im buying all the hulks anyway. Only 1 more day!:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have to admit, as hard as it was to hold on till the street date for the anchor bay set, if someone breaks the date for the pilot dvd i might give in, full retail even!:)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
I don't need a review to let me know that the telefilms were only marginally good, and then mostly for the cheese factor...
More cheese please!:D

As a huge fan of the Hulk, I clearly remember my complete disappointment with this television series when it first aired. David Banner? David Banner? His name is Bruce for Godsakes! Robert Bruce Banner! This is blasphemy! Yet, like a good little comic book geek I tuned in every week. I'm quite sure I never missed and episode of my favorite green skined goliath.

Yet, imagine if someone decided to start a brand new Hulk television series, just as it began, set in the early 1960's, done similarly to Smallville.

The Hulk has always been a human emotion story, and even the old television series paid homage to that.

I'm looking forward to tomorow's release!

Howie

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
An interesting post i found today on Bryans hulk page at the message board, it goes something like this... the reason that they chose the episode married instead of death in the family is because Ken Johnson only wrote death in the family , he did not direct it. With that news here is what i think will happen, we will get prometheus with Ken Johnson commentary on a dvd by itself, released on the same day the Ang Lee flick hits dvd. Also then if the Ang Lee hulk dvd is a 2 discer, one of the special features could easily be death in the family, A.K.A. return of the incredible hulk. So, what do you guys think , does that make sense?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Also on Bryans hulk page , on the main page if you scroll down a bit you will notice that on the pilot dvd coverart, Bill and Lou are much more easy to see. I guess Universal looks at these messages!:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I strongly doubt the average fan cares who directed what on the old Hulk shows. I'm grateful for the many people who seem to know Ken Johnson's name and body of work. But the sad fact is that the vast majority of the fans of his work don't seem to recognize his name. So I don't know what kind of an impact that has on marketing DVDs...none, surely.

What the fans REALLY want is to just get season sets!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
About the cover, I wonder if they didn't lighten it up a bit on their own. I just checked Universal's system, and it's the same one as before. Huh...weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks