What's new

Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... (1 Viewer)

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
* "See The Hulk movie for free" promotion: The first printing of this release will have a Coupon (good through July 6, 2003) to get a mail-in rebate for the entire cost of a movie ticket to see the new film.
Way to go universal another way to cause more trouble. I'd bet many people will get screwed out of this one. Besides by the time the rebates come through the film will be on DVD.

Wouldn't it make more sense to include a movie cash certificate like the one that was included in the ultimate edition releases of The Mummy and American Pie.

It's kind of sad to say but I really don't think i'd want to put up $10 to see this movie but i'm definitely looking forward to all of the t.v. movie releases.

I truly hope season sets are released soon.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Way to go universal another way to cause more trouble. I'd bet many people will get screwed out of this one. Besides by the time the rebates come through the film will be on DVD.
Presumably you pay to see the movie, and claim the money back. But yes, a moviecash certificate would be better (have Universal ever done a moviecash promotion before? I think "The Mummy Ultimate Edition" had one - can't think why they won't use them again.)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You guys are really gonna like this, screenshots and inside cover art are up at comics 2 film , for the anchor bay release! Here is what you do, once you get to the site go to the alpha index on the left hand side of the site click there, then scroll to where it has hulk news , then on the second page of hulk news its there. The insert is made to look like a hulk comic. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
tony can you post a link?
at least to the web site?
Originally posted by Tony Zannikos
I dont know how reliable this is but a while back on Brians incredible hulk page there is a message board , and someone claims he emailed Kenneth johnson, and that he said later this year episode prometheus is coming to dvd! THATS THE ONE WITH Banner in mid transformation. I hope its true.
anyone know what "banner in mid transformation" means.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there was bill bixby, the middle man, and then Lou.. I saw the interview with the middle guy..
the producers didn;t want a quick transformation from bill to lou.. so they used the unknown middle man.

JACOB

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here is the link for what Tony is all excited about.

Or, scope through your mall stores and try to find a street date breaker! You pay full SRP, but you get that release right now. :wink:

The thing about the Banner in mid-transformation: In the 2-part episode "Prometheus" that started Season 4, which is rumored (thanks to Tony's info!) to be coming to DVD in the near future, Banner gets caught in mid-transformation to the Hulk and gets stuck there (I won't post the spoilers on how).

Ric Drasin played the uncredited role of the mid-transformation Hulk, known as the "Demi-Hulk" for lack of a better term. For quite a bit of the episode "Prometheus", Drasin WAS The Hulk. Well, sort of. Until he got unstuck.

If you really want more info (read: spoilers), just use the various episode guides and fan websites around the 'net to look up that episode. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Guys , my computer skills arent that good , i dont know how to provide links, but thanks David, for providing the link for everyone else here.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have a confession to make, even though i have viewed all the original series hulk episodes, i reserved the post series telefilms sight unseen. Never got around to seeing them, how does it live up to the original series? Im willing to cut them some slack, hoping they are at least half as good as the series. Also what about the 1990 death of the hulk ?

Dene

Agent
As a big fan of the original series, and who cannot wait to get my hands on the new Pilot/"Married" DVD set, I say this...

...they were awful! A must to avoid, all three of them. Boring NTSC crud, not a patch on the pristine 35mm originals.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I have a confession to make, even though i have viewed all the original series hulk episodes, i reserved the post series telefilms sight unseen. Never got around to seeing them, how does it live up to the original series? Im willing to cut them some slack, hoping they are at least half as good as the series. Also what about the 1990 death of the hulk ?
Half as good as the series is about how I'd put it. I remember seeing these when I was 11 or 12 years old and thinking that they weren't as good, but I hardly remember any of the details.

On a different note, does anyone recall the episode called "The First"? In this particular episode, Banner meets up with another man who also transformed into a "hulk like" creature, except his version of the creature was mean and destructive. I'd LOVE that episode to be put out on DVD.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hi again David, i saw the anchor bay hulk, today at that store you mentioned, for 34.99!!!!!! I think i will just stick with my suncoast preorder . I was seriously tempted to get it though. If only it was 19.99, sigh.....:frowning:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
On a seperate note, this morning i found out on 411 mania that Hugh Jackman is going to play the role of Bill Bixby in a biography type movie! To see the news go to 411 mania,then go into the movie section. I know this is kind of off topic, but thought since this is a hulk thread , it would be of interest. :)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I don't know the official release date of the "Return/Trial" Incredible Hulk DVD, but I got a copy yesterday. I watched "The Return of the Incredible Hulk" last night. In case the store where I got it broke the street date, I won't spill the beans about where I got it.

While it was great to re-live my favorite part of every Friday night when I was a kid (they use the opening for the show as the opening for the movie), the actual movie...well...um...sucks. It sucks bad, actually - nothing like the show on which it was based. It's OK though, because the DVD has some nice extras. I watched the 16 minute interview with Lou Ferrigno, most of which was about him and his role as the Hulk.

I understand the other disc contains an 84 minute documentary featuring Lou Ferrigno called "Standing Tall", I'm looking forward to seeing that almost more than I am looking forward to watching "Trial".

Anyone who's a fan - is it just me, or was Lou even more muscular in these "movies" than he was when he did the show?

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the pilot episode coming to DVD. (And any others!!)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hi Chris, i think the reason Lou Ferrigno was more muscular was because back in the late 80s, he made a comeback to bodybuilding, after many years, it should be on the stand tall documentary. Cant wait till Tuesday.:D

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Though I certainly don't qualify as an expert reviewer, the transfer quality isn't what I'd call "excellent" - the material shows its age, that's for sure.

On my set, probably because of a setting I use for most film-based DVD's - I see plenty of "jaggies".

The inverview segments with Lou look much better than the actual movie.

I've yet to watch "Trial" and "Stand Tall" - I will tonight!

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I watched Trial and Stand Tall last night. My thoughts:
Although still very *corny* (far more than the TV show), I thought Trial of the Incredible Hulk is a better movie than The Return of the Incredible Hulk. In both movies, it's almost comical to see Bill Bixby giving such a believable performace in such an unbelievable story. That's all I'll say in the way of a "movie review".

I was disappointed that they didn't have the right "sound" when Banner turns into the Hulk. Those who remember the show will know what I mean. They always had a cool sound effect that went along with his metamorphasis, and that was totally missing from these two movies. (It wasn't just omitted from the DVD, I'm talking about the actual releases themselves.)

One other thing - for some reason, and I can't really explain this well (maybe someone can help me) - all the scenes with Kingpin (in Trial) looked like they'd been shot in Europe. I probably won't explain this right, but the video just looked...different. Its as if it were recorded at a different standard of frames per second or something. Weird. And it was only the scenes inside Kingpin's "office".

I really enjoyed the documentary Stand Tall that came on the Trial disc. You will not believe how freaking huge Lou is in this movie.

All in all, any fan of The Hulk will enjoy this release, even if just to recall how much better the show was than these two movies.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thats nice to hear Chris,im sure the metamorphosis sound will be on the universal disc.Im such a big hulk fan , that ill still be picking up the anchor bay set. My anticipation is higher for the pilot dvd, not to mention death of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks