What's new

Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... (1 Viewer)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads-up Tony. That's great news. I've never seen the 90's version, and am looking forward to it, especially as it is closer to the comic than the 80's version.

I love the old Marvel Super Heroes show from the 60's and have quite a few episodes on VHS...The Hulk, Captain America, and Thor were my favorite theme songs!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Youre welcome Howard. Ill give you guys my full impressions on the dvd by the end of the weekend, it should be interesting, because i only have ever watched the 80s version and 60s.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

That's exactly how I always imagined the Hulk to sound while reading the comics...up until the point where the stories introduced the version of the Hulk with Bruce Banner's mind, speech etc. The sound effects of the 60's cartoon are a riot...they just don't make 'em like they used to!:D

Howie

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I enjoyed the 60s cartoon too, but i always envisioned the hulk sounding ,like a cross between the television show hulk and the 80s cartoon.:)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Lol. Love those 60s cartoons. Ralph Bakshi had a hand in some of those. They're like -5fps hehe. Not too far off from animation today.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Having watched the whole hulk cartoon dvd , here is what i think. I was pleasantly suprised watching the 90s version for the first time ever, for a tv production it has pretty decent animation, the sound for 2.0 was impressive. On the plus side these cartoons have some of hulks greatest enemies such as the leader, gorgon, abomination. The only negative thing about the 90s cartoon,the storylines in the old 80s cartoon were better. About the extras,Stan Lee as always has another great interview, the dvd has an option if you want to here Stan Lee introduce each episode ! Another extra is hulk author Peter David introducing himself. One thing i noticed about the bonus episode the 60s cartoon, i own a reprint of hulk original comic book, this cartoon is a shot by shot remake with the pictures slightly moving.Those who have that comic book will know what i mean. Overall a great dvd for us hulk fans, maybe next time we will get the 80s version. The only other negative of the dvd, is forced trailers at the beginning.

Dene

Agent
I was watching the R1 pilot movie DVD the other night, and on Side A I could hear a spidery crackling sound, beginning as the Hulk watches himself transform back into David Banner by the side of the lake, and ending 10 or so minutes later as Elaina Marks slams the door on Jack McGee (it's not present all the time though, it fades in and out).

Curiously enough, this is all "chapter nine" on the disc. It's not present before or after as far as I know.

Could someone please check this on their copy? It's a minor problem certainly, but not just my imagination I don't think. It's not on the commentary track.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just found out that starting on july 21 , weekdays monday through friday at 6 pm eastern time the sci fi channel will bring back the bill bixby hulk series! After looking at their program guide , it appears they will be shown in the order they originally aired, except probably for a few edits here and there. Now bring on the dvd box sets !!!:)

Jerome

Second Unit
Universal Germany has officially announced the release of three Best of DVD of Hulk for November.

- Hulk TV Serie - Pilot (not released yet in Germany)

- Hulk TV Serie - Vol. 1:Rainbows End (season 2, episode 05),Another Path (2.07) ,The Disciple (2.18)

- Hulk TV Serie - Vol. 2: The First Part 1 (4.12), The First Part 2 (4.13), Kindred Spirits (2.20)

source : www.dvdinside.de

Does anybody know if they are great episodes ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Jerome, from memory out of those episodes i remember the one entitled the first. Thats the one where hulk fights another hulk type creature ! You should definitely get that 1 , an excellent 2 parter all around. Now where is an official region 1 announcement, to tie in with the new hulk movie ? ;)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
"The First" is one of my favorite Hulk Episodes. I remember it being as good as other classics, like the Pilot and "Prometheus".

Of course, it's been years since I last saw it, so my memory may be slightly rose-colored, so to speak.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I figure since today universals official site, has added the dvd for the ang lee hulk, itll be anyday now that they will announce the rumored next best of hulk dvd.:emoji_thumbsup:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I saw a late night show program that had Lou on the show. they talked about the movie and tv series. Lou wrote a book about the tv series. its at his official site. talks about the making of the series. he write in response from the fans asking him questions about the series. plus with the movie out.. good time to release it. there is a forward by both stan lee and ang lee.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks