Mr. Magoo's xmas carol question

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Randy*S, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I was thinking of getting "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"
    since it was released on dvd but now there are two versions out on dvd! Can anyone tell me which one is the better disc?
    Any advice would be helpful. Thanks![​IMG]

2. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I have the Sony Wonder version, and it's not all that great. The picture looks like it was taken from a tape, with some lines in the picture. The film also looks faded. But it is serviceable.

3. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

I've also got the Sony Wonder version and thought it was pretty good. I don't remember having a problem with the way it looked when I watched it. There's a text "retrospective" of songwriters Merrill and Styne, biographies of Jim Backus and three other voice talents and the bonus short "Mr. Magoo Meets Gerald McBoing Boing" also included on the disc. I bought my copy through ebay and was able to get an accompanying Magoo comic book. That's another nice bonus if you can find it. I couldn't speak on the quality or bonuses of the other release.

4. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    Thanks for the info Stacy and Scott.
    I had the comic paperback version too, read that thing to death [​IMG]
    Well, I just checked Amazon and they are both released by Sony. One released in 2002 and one just released in sept. Probably just a new cover. Guess I'll go with the newest version and see.
    While on we're on the subject, wish the regular series would get a season release too!