What's new

Mr. Magoo Theatrical Collection from Shout! June 19th 2012!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the responses. I feel reassured now about what we can expect and am really looking forward to this release. I also didn't know that Shout Factory had tried to get unedited prints for the TV collection. I'm still disappointed it couldn't be done, but I appreciate that the attempt was made.

Essanay Paul

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The transfers look GREAT!

There are some jacket printing errors, thankfully the error is only on the printed jacket and not the film transfers.
1) Bungled Bungalow (1950) is 4x3 1:33-1 and NOT 16x9 1:85-1 as indicated on the back.
2) Safety Spin (1953) is 4x3 1:33-1 and NOT 16x9 1:85-1 as indicated on the back.
3) Terror Faces Magoo (1959) is 16x9 1:85-1 and NOT 4x3 1:33-1 as indicated on the back.
4) The title sequence listed on the back does not match the sequence on the discs.

I was worried about these aspect ratios when I read the back and quickly popped the discs in and cued those cartoons. I was happy to see that Sony did the transfers right, Shout just made an error.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks