Mr. Magoo Show Out on DVD now!

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Last week I got an email that Classic Media was opening a store online at http://store.classicmedia.tv/ , so I started checking out the site. Low and behold on the site I found the four disc Mr. Magoo Show DVD set that was canceled that was due out in February of 2005 listed .. I thought it was a mistake on their part but I took a chance and ordered anyway and today (my post office was delievering packages despite the fact that it is Sunday) it arrived in the mail and it is the set that canceled so many moons ago.

It has a Mr. Magoo flicker image in the center of the front of the package but otherwise the artwork is exactly as shown as Amazon and inside it includes a 1963 reprint comic book.

Paul

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Does this set include the Christmas special "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" from 1962 or 1963 I think?

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
As far as I can tell it's the 130 UPA TV cartoons done in the early sixties. Don't know about the one you're asking about but that would have nothing to do with this set.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I'm not sure it would have "nothing" to do with it. "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" was a UPA cartoon made for television in 1962, so it would have made a nice bonus for this set.

However, it was released on DVD several years ago.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Whenever someone gets this set, send an email to Gord & Dave to confirm that this is being released online.

Paul

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
I received mine today as well! With the lenticular cover, the comic book inside, and, of course, the discs themselves, it really is fabulous. Much thanks to Paul Miller for the info and link to the Classic Media site.

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
Have they re-dubbed Charlie's voice on these ? When these showed up on TV some 15 years ago, the syndicators re-dubbed Charlie's voice to be Politically Correct. Here you have an Oriental butler and he's speaking perfect english. That's what happened. Mr. McGloo McGloo say it ain't so ! Let us know if Charlie's voice is the original Voice over.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I don't have the set yet, but I am gonna go out on a limb and GUESS that these are the originals...the thinking being that if they weren't, then we'd be able to pick this up at Wal-Mart or Best Buy...it wouldn't have "quietly slipped out under the radar" like this. Shhhhh...

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
Maybe that's the reason that the distributor pulled the set before its original 2005 release. Maybe they were going to make the set more PC. Just got my Tom and Jerry replacements for Spotlight vol.2 with the original audio for the "Mammy Two-Shoes" character. Gotta send back the dubbed ones. Hope Magoo is inatct.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the series with Mr. Magoo doing classic literary characters (Don Quixote, the Count of Monte Cristo, etc.) will be released soon?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muskantdramu