What's new

International MR KLEIN (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Mr. Klein an excellent movie starring the great French actor Alain Delon is now available on Blu-ray from Amazon. UK. The story takes place in Nazi occupied Paris where Mr. Klein leads a life of luxury until a Jewish newspaper brings him to the attention of the Police. The Police have him confused with another person with the same name who is Jewish making the Police interested in him. The video is excellent with deep colors adding to the depth of the picture. The movie is in French with English subtitiles. The Blu-ray is Region Locked "B".

Attachments

• Mr Klein.jpg
    Mr Klein.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 61

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Losey's masterpiece IMO.

The new 4K, DCP and this 1080 transfer is very fine indeed and replaces an earlier but also good HD transfer from an older HD master which was only released by IVC in Japan as far as I can tell. The color tonality is comparable in both and is not - I have to insist not a consequence of the now horribly predictable cyan biased LUT infected color grading botch jobs from post house Lab Eclair. The post work here was done by Hiventy who are now doing more and more work for Canal back catalogue and their color grading is exemplary. This is no different. The Euro Canal disc includes English subs. Unless Kino-Lorber can pick this up there's no scheduled US release. Don't hesitate. Losey was never better, Delon was never better, DP Gerry Fisher was never better.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Losey's masterpiece IMO.

The new 4K, DCP and this 1080 transfer is very fine indeed and replaces an earlier but also good HD transfer from an older HD master which was only released by IVC in Japan as far as I can tell. The color tonality is comparable in both and is not - I have to insist not a consequence of the now horribly predictable cyan biased LUT infected color grading botch jobs from post house Lab Eclair. The post work here was done by Hiventy who are now doing more and more work for Canal back catalogue and their color grading is exemplary. This is no different. The Euro Canal disc includes English subs. Unless Kino-Lorber can pick this up there's no scheduled US release. Don't hesitate. Losey was never better, Delon was never better, DP Gerry Fisher was never better.
Criterion is supposed to be releasing this in December, according to the Studiocanal press release for the film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Many thanks to Ernest and David Hare. I am a fan of Alain Delon but not of Joseph Losey so I've been undecided about buying this disc. My mind is now made up!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Santa didn't let me down!

Outstanding film with what must be Alain Delon's best performance. Good (long) introduction by Jean-Baptiste Thoret, who referenced and compared the film to North by Northwest as a theme of mistaken identity. Although dramatising events in France in 1942, the central powerful message cannot be mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks