Mr. Deeds Goes to Town: Keepsake Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gabe D, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

The Digital Bits says Columbia announced the Mr. Deeds Goes to Town: Keepsake Edition for May 5th. Anybody have any idea how it will be different from the version that's currently available? (Hopefully not just a trailer for the new Adam Sandler remake.)

2. Rain

Rain Producer

I was wondering the same thing.

I just got back from A&B Sound and saw the "new" DVD there. It doesn't even say "Keepsake Edition" on it. I looked through the features and they all seem to be the same as the previous.

Is this just new packaging?

Is there a new transfer? (The previous one was pretty damn good)

3. Peter D

Peter D Stunt Coordinator

Next up, the 'Mr. Deeds Directors Cut - Ultimate Collector's Special Keepsake Edition'. It's truly getting so these words mean nothing at all. I'd be really surprised if this anything different than the MIB rerelease with the MIB2 trailer. Just a marketing tie-in. [​IMG]

4. Rain

Rain Producer

I notice the "new" one is cheaper, too...and the cover looks a bit more "modern."

5. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

i actually just bought a copy, found it at a good price. Hopefully i'll get to watch sometime in the next few days or weeks [​IMG]

6. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

This is simply a repackaging and repricing of the original release. The only marketing tie-in is a sticker on the package mentioning the new movie--I don't think the packaging itself mentions the new one. One good thing is that there's a deal going now where if you buy the new MIB along with Mr. Deeds, or one of several others, you get a free DVD. One of the choices is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. We hadn't bought MIB previously, so we picked up both and will be sending away for Mr. Smith.

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I don't know why they bothered with the repackaging - the cover on the old version is classier. Since we're on the subject of Frank Capra, is there any DVD news on You Can't Take it With You and The Bitter Tea of General Yen?