What's new

Mr. Deeds 10/22 (1 Viewer)

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
DVD review has the heads up on this stupid funny movie.
The mixture of Adam Sandler and Frank Capra sounds preposterous, but somehow the pairing paid off with the remake of the classic comedy "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town". The new Mr. Deeds is coming to DVD in a few months from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.
Small-town guy Longfellow Deeds goes to the big city to collect a $40 billion inheritance from a long lost uncle. Living in a palatial mansion with the services of an unusual personal valet isn't too bad. Things get even better when he meets a beautiful school nurse. But money changes everything, and things aren't what they seem – his sweetie is actually a journalist feeding reports of his outrageous behavior to the press! Now, it's up to Deeds to straighten everybody out – with a few right hooks and lots of common sense.
Given the typical anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 mix, the new disc will include an audio commentary with director Steven Brill and writer Tim Herlihy, two making-of featurettes, deleted scenes, a music video, production notes, filmographies and theatrical trailers.
On October 22nd, if you don't inherit "Mr. Deeds", you can buy it for $27.95.

I will definately get this dumb movie, I laughed real hard.

Chris M

Second Unit

hehe.

Sounds cute, I'll at least rent it.. probably buy it Previously Viewed.

Chris.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Widescreen transfers are hardly "typical" for either Columbia or Adam Sandler movies, so I'm surprised to see that here. But I would have felt bad buying a MAR disc just to support my Winona Ryder habit (I bought the Spanish version of House of the Spirits to get OAR).

Oh, and the original was Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, directed by Frank Capra. Why isn't this being released to coordinate?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Why isn't this being released to coordinate?
Mark,
This DVD is currently available and has been for sometime. It was also re-released a few months ago w/ a new colorized cover that I'm sure is targeted at a younger audience who might be curious about the original. I may be wrong, but I believe there was some kind of sticker on the cover about the remake. I might add that the DVD is quite good and has a commentary track by Capra's son.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks