Mr. Christmas (ebay scammer) goes to jail!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph S, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Here's a nice story about how a ripped off mac user used forums like this one to track down the man that scammed him out of a powerbook. The man that used phony checks to pay for this and other items on ebay is Melvin Christmas. (Not a joke The head of the Chicago PD may not want to read this one seeing as the man may apparently be part of a larger counterfeit and theft ring and the Chicago PD didn't do a thing to put him away.
    Actual Link:
    http://www.remodern.com/caught.html
    The story was picked up by the Chicago Tribune site(requires registration) and several Mac user sites.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Excellent news. I hope they throw the book at him.

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

While I am thrilled that this guy was caught, I feel that the writer's blanket references to all PC Users being untrustworthy, dumb, thieves, criminals, etc. were uncalled for. I don't have any sympathy for such arrogant people. [​IMG]

4. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Brian,

5. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

At the end of the link he mentioned being approached for movie rights to the story.
    Maybe Charles Bronson could play his part.... and give it a slightly different ending. Or maybe they could give it a really different ending with Death by Booka [​IMG]
    Jay Taylor