What's new

Mr. Bean Show? (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
Will the Mr. Bean show ever be released on DVD? I'm hoping for an eventual 'black-adder' type release, with every episode. I think his show is/was hilarious. The film, Bean is pretty funny also. So, any word on it?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Mr Bean has returned to TV in cartoon form here. I'm a little mixed on my opinions of Bean, some moments were just great. The new cartoon version doesn't quite meet expectations.

Dan

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
With the Mr. Bean right lost in the shuffle when Polygram went under, and was bought by MGM, it may be forever for this to be released.

Bean (the movie) and Best Bits of Bean was released on the Polygram label before they went under.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a multi-region player, the complete run of "Mr. Bean" is available in box set in Germany, France and Spain. I think there are some extras in there too.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
If you like Mr Bean, you should look for the Black Adder series. Its much funnier then Mr Bean in my opinion, and the whole series is on DVD. (I just picked it up through columbia house).

nick

Sarah S

Second Unit
I think how funny you find depends more on your sense of humor than anything else. If you like slapstickk non-verbaal comedy then Mr Bean is hilarious. If you are more into verbal wordplay then you might like Blackadder more. I find both equally funny, depending on my mood.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
If you like Mr Bean, you should look for the Black Adder series.
The only thing these two series have in common is Rowan Atkinson. While he is great in both, the characters are completely different, as are the shows. I like both, but I could easily see people loving one series and hating the other.

FWIW, I think "Bean: The Movie" and "The Best Bits of Mr. Bean" are probably all the Mr. Bean I need.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Rowan Atkinson/Bean/Black Adder fans shouldn't overlook The Tall Guy which was recently released on DVD. Funny, funny stuff. Rowan Atkinson plays a nasty version of himself in a small role, and the film was written by Richard Curtis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks