Mr.Bean!, Collectors Discs? Where are they?!?!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Dec 31, 2001.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

They seem to be releasing other british shows to DVD, like Faulty Towers and the other Rowan Atkinson series, who's name currently escapes me at the moment.... so why are we Mr.Bean fans getting the shaft? Who has the rights to release this on DVD?

The most we got was Best Bits of Mr.Bean, basically a flashback episode with the funniest moments of the series. But, what would it take to get these shows released on seasonal sets, perhaps with a few extras like Actor Commentary, behind the scenes footage, bloopers, or even some new Bean skits?

Any other Bean fans up for this?

2. Robb Hudspeth

I love Mr. Bean too. In fact, on my Honeymoon, my wife and I spent our "recovery" time watching non-stop Mr. Bean episodes in our cruise ship cabin. If you ever take a cruise, I recommend Royal Carribean, because you get 24-7 Mr. Bean!
    Oh, and I want them on DVD ASAP as well.

3. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

Mr Bean wasn't made in seasons, as such. They were all one-off specials. However, a complete set of the shows would be nice.

Four of the episodes were released in the UK on VideoCD, but all were released in that format in the Netherlands (Mr Bean was and still is HUGE over there). I have them and the quality is much what you'd expect for VideoCD. The small amount of dialogue is in English with burnt-in Dutch subtitles.

When I was last in the Netherlands I did see some Mr Bean DVDs in the shops, but there were only a couple of shows per disc and no extras.

4. Frank Roe

Frank Roe Auditioning

In Germany, since 12/2001, there is a Mr. Bean Box (3 Disc Set, RC 2) with all 14 Episodes and some specials. All in english.

For the moment I have not more informations because I bought this set as a gift for a fiend, but I will buy it for myself too.

5. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Sounds like we need to start a studio feedback thread! I'd love to get my hands on a complete set of Mr. Bean episodes too.

6. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

Since Polygram went under, it may be a while before the rights to Mr. Bean get worked out.