Mr. Bean Animated Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ian_H, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

I am a huge Rowan Atkinson fan I loved Blackadder, Mr. Bean, Thin Blue Line etc. etc. Is the Mr. Bean animated worth getting? Are they funny or do the blow? Thanks for any input!

--Ian

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I like them but as I understand they are presented in an incorrect aspect ratio.

3. Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington Screenwriter

I've only seen one episode, on an airplane three years ago, but I thought the animation of Bean emulated Atkinson's performance brilliantly. Been thinking about picking up the set one of these days. I did also hear about it being the wrong ratio.

4. Jon B NY

Jon B NY Stunt Coordinator

The aspect ratio really doesn't matter much on an animated show such as this. Rarely is it an issue on these DVDs. I own them. They're funny. If you like Bean, buy 'em and forget that they are in the wrong aspect ratio...because it really makes no difference.

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I disagree Jon. There are a few instances where the aspect ratio makes a difference. I remember Bean driving around a traffic circle (or round-a-bout) and half his car went off the screen on the sides. I think they showed the same scene in one of the features framed properly and it looked much better.

A&E seems scared to release anything in widescreen. I've bugged them about it in the past, and I'll continue to do so. They made "Rex the Runt" full frame as well (not to mention reversing the audio channels on disc 2).

Gord

6. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

They have relased one disc of the Animated Bean in OZ in the PROPER 16:9, but they're slow on getting the rest out [​IMG]

7. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Cool thanks for the input. I have been on the fence about this series. Sucks about the OAR though.

--Ian