What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Here's a few comments and images from the second Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Christmas Show. My very first viewing.

S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)
A Christmas package from Grandma Nelson has arrived. Ozzie gets a new jacket and he’s excited to show it to Thorny because Harriet told him it makes him look 10 years younger. Even a couple of college girls at Millers were giving him the eye and smiling. When you watch these it brings back memories of your own family. This one reminded me of when my late mother always helped to tie my tie. That’s just one of the beauties of this series. If the rest of these Christmas themed stories are as touching as this one, I can't wait to watch them all.​

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-1.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-3.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-7.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-8.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-10.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-12.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-13.jpg

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S01E13 The Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-15.jpg

samchristie9563

Auditioning
Real Name
Samuel Christie
for those who don't know what are the episode of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet is here it is

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I just finished watching Season 8 and in episode #30 "Painting The Sorority House", Donna Douglas (“Ellie Mae Clampet” from The Beverly Hillbillies) appears in this episode as a sorority girl.

This would have been about 2 years before the first episode of The Beverly Hillbillies aired and she doesn't have her country, hillbilly accent or wardrobe, of course.

I'm sure y'all have recognized other future TV actors like:

"Otis Campbell, the town drunk" (Hal Smith) from the Andy Griffith Show playing differ characters throughout O & H.

"Sam Drunker, Hooterville's General Store proprietor" (Frank Cady) from Green Acres playing a couple of different characters on O & H, but mainly Doc Williams.

"Lancer"'s (James Stacy) who also played a couple of different roles on O & H, but mainly Rick & Dave's fraternity brother.

There may have been 1 or 2 others that I can't recall at the moment.

TRIVIA:

Skip Young’s 1st appearance on O & H was the delivery boy at the Nelson’s residence in Season 5, Episode 4 - "Christmas In October" (10-24-56).

Don DeFore's last appearance was in Season 5, Episode 31 - "Ozzie The Treasurer" (5-1-57), unless he appeared somewhere in seasons 9 -14.

Ricky was only 12 years old when the O & H series started.
Sam Drunker? :)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
From what many of you recommended, including of course Gary, was to watch these Christmas Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet at holiday time. So I’ve drawn out a schedule to peak on Christmas Day, maybe even a couple on the first day of Hanukkah, ha ha. Anyhow, after only 4 episodes I really wasn’t expecting too much. I was wrong!

The third Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Christmas Show. My very first viewing.

S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)
Stars Ozzie Nelson Harriet Nelson David Nelson Ricky Nelson Don DeFore Dick Ryan Carl Greyson

A very very sweet and charming episode. A flashback within a flashback, as Ozzie tells David and Ricky a Christmas story about his ancestors, played of course by the Nelsons. Little Ozzie and Al have new skis, and are very much hoping for a White Christmas. Reminiscent of a Frank Capra story, I'm really loving these holiday themed O&H episodes! There’s a special chemistry with the Nelson family that transcends the simple Christmas story and takes the series to a whole new level. “ISH KABIBBLE!”

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-2.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-8.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-15.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-16.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-19.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-20.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-22.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-24.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-28.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-29.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-35.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-36.jpg
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E15 The Miracle (Dec.25.1953)-39.jpg

TLones1060

Agent
Real Name
Tim Lones
My thoughts on the O&H Christmas DVD..
I've watched completely through the commercials, The Christmas Song by Rick Nelson, The Day after Thanksgiving and The Boys' Christmas Money. I loved the Thanksgiving Show, more laugh out loud funny than usual, plus it was nice to see Arthur Q. Bryan as the Butcher. On the Boys Christmas Money I enjoyed the reversal as the boys got a job totally on their own. The Christmas Song by Rick was well done..Used at the end of a 1964 Christmas rerun. The commercials were fine but I would like to have seen other products advertised if there were Christmas spots available. The quality was excellent. I liked the menu and also that there were subtitles. Very well done set from what I saw.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Many Season One episodes don't include a cast sponsor commercial. Were these cut for summer reruns and lost or did some shows open without them? Or some were repeated?

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I just finished Season 7 and currently working on Season 8, and during Rick's songs I find myself always fixated on his electric guitar player (there have been 2 so far but this guy has played in the most songs). He always has a lot of energy and I like his guitar playing. I decided to google him but didn't expect much since I didn't know his name but I did find him. His name is James Burton. Rick had heard him rehearsing with another player while he was in Hollywood and knew that was the sound he was looking for. Shortly afterwards, Ozzie called up James and offered him a job playing for Rick's band. Rick and James became close friends and he lived with the Nelsons for 2 years. James said in an interview that Ozzie and Harriet considered him their third son. I would have liked to see him as one of Rick's Frat buddies but maybe he wasn't offered it or didn't have any acting ability. Just a little info I thought I'd share.:)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I just finished Season 7 and currently working on Season 8, and during Rick's songs I find myself always fixated on his electric guitar player (there have been 2 so far but this guy has played in the most songs). He always has a lot of energy and I like his guitar playing. I decided to google him but didn't expect much since I didn't know his name but I did find him. His name is James Burton. Rick had heard him rehearsing with another player while he was in Hollywood and knew that was the sound he was looking for. Shortly afterwards, Ozzie called up James and offered him a job playing for Rick's band. Rick and James became close friends and he lived with the Nelsons for 2 years. James said in an interview that Ozzie and Harriet considered him their third son. I would have liked to see him as one of Rick's Frat buddies but maybe he wasn't offered it or didn't have any acting ability. Just a little info I thought I'd share.:)
There is one episode where James comes over to help Ricky study but they end up playing guitars all evening. It is the only time I remember James having a speaking role. Laurence Olivier he may not be, but he is a brilliant player and Rock & Roll Hall Of Famer. James also played lead guitar in Elvis' stage band for the whole duration of the 1969-1977 years.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Burton was also a member of The Shindogs, the band featured on Shindig!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
There is one episode where James comes over to help Ricky study but they end up playing guitars all evening. It is the only time I remember James having a speaking role. Laurence Olivier he may not be, but he is a brilliant player and Rock & Roll Hall Of Famer. James also played lead guitar in Elvis' stage band for the whole duration of the 1969-1977 years.
Thanks for the info, John! Let me know if you happen to remember that episode. I guess I'm late to the party on this one. Seems like some of you guys are quite familiar with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks