What's new

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
For anyone who is interested in Ricky's singing performances in the O & H series, I've been documenting them as I watched the first 7 seasons.
Looking at your list of the plethora of songs on these made me wince when I think about other series with issues of ONE song here and there that gets deleted or a few bars of music or a series being unable to be released because of music rights at all. Something to be sooooo appreciated here.

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
They never outright cancelled mine. They said it wasn't available, then said they would email me when it would be delivered. But never changed the release date.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
This morning I watched David Writes a Column for the very first time. A real solid episode. Being a lifelong vintage comic book collector I did a double and triple take at this scene. I have owned and do own many of the books depicted here. Incredible!!

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E29 David Writes a Column (Apr.02.1954)-3.jpg

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S02E29 David Writes a Column (Apr.02.1954)-11.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Looking at your list of the plethora of songs on these made me wince when I think about other series with issues of ONE song here and there that gets deleted or a few bars of music or a series being unable to be released because of music rights at all. Something to be sooooo appreciated here.

Yeah, look how many years it took The Wonder Years to get released and still not all of the songs were made available.

I guess that's the benefit of producing and owning all of the rights to your productions coupled with most of the performances being from people within your family. As far as the other actors singing, I guess Ozzie made the right deal with them to own their performances as well. Maybe we ought to give Oz more credit than we did in the beginning when we thought that he didn't copyright them properly.

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
Seeing today where new orders of the Christmas DVD arent being shipped by Amazon until JANUARY 24..Canceled and decided to go with Bull Moose. Only $20.96 including 2-5 day USPS shipping. ($6.99) I will get it later than I wanted but still well before Christmas.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
""They never outright cancelled mine. They said it wasn't available, then said they would email me when it would be delivered. But never changed the release date.""

""As I noted, Amazon cancelled my order out of the blue for reasons unexplained.""

""I had this on Pre-Order from Amazon with a release date of Dec. 6th. Shipped and Sold by Amazon. I just got a notice saying "We're sorry. The item is no longer available from the seller you selected.""

""I still have the Christmas DVD as available December 6, but this note when I go to the product page.
"Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Amazon hasnt sent me anything to indicate anything has changed, so we will see.""

Well, I hate it also when companies cancel orders with little or no explanation - that's just plain rude and disrespectful to their customers. This is just speculation on my part, but I'm thinking that the closer to the release date you place your order, the less likely you are to get it on time (or even close to it).

Especially Amazon must have thousands of people on their pre-order list - all waiting to get the initial release shipment that Amazon ordered. Amazon probably places their order to the manufacturer shortly after a title is announced, but, even if they realize a month or two before the release date that they have more pre-orders than their initial shipment order can accommodate, and they place a second order - they may can't get it from the manufacturer by the release date.

So, instead of waiting closer to the release date, like I used to do incase I changed my mind, I've started placing my order as soon as I decide I'm "pretty sure" I want a title. I think you can usually cancel an order right up to a week - 10 days before the release date because the retailer won't start packaging it up until then.

I also think that when companies wait until the last minute to tell you that your order is cancelled (or) they're out-of-stock, that means they didn't want to tell you that.... "we weren't smart enough to order enough copies to cover all of our pre-orders, so you get screwed." In other words, just like the airlines do - they 'overbook' their initial release order!!

Last edited:

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
""They never outright cancelled mine. They said it wasn't available, then said they would email me when it would be delivered. But never changed the release date.""

""As I noted, Amazon cancelled my order out of the blue for reasons unexplained.""

""I had this on Pre-Order from Amazon with a release date of Dec. 6th. Shipped and Sold by Amazon. I just got a notice saying "We're sorry. The item is no longer available from the seller you selected.""

""I still have the Christmas DVD as available December 6, but this note when I go to the product page.
"Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Amazon hasnt sent me anything to indicate anything has changed, so we will see.""

Well, I hate it also when companies cancel orders with little or no explanation - that's just plain rude and disrespectful to their customers. This is just speculation on my part, but I'm thinking that the closer to the release date you place your order, the less likely you are to get it on time (or even close to it).

Especially Amazon must have thousands of people on their pre-order list - all waiting to get the initial release shipment that Amazon ordered. Amazon probably places their order to the manufacturer shortly after a title is announced, but, even if they realize a month or two before the release date that they have more pre-orders than their initial shipment order can accommodate, and they place a second order - they may can't get it from the manufacturer by the release date.

So, instead of waiting closer to the release date, like I used to do incase I changed my mind, I've started placing my order as soon as I decide I'm "pretty sure" I want a title. I think you can usually cancel an order right up to a week - 10 days before the release date because the retailer won't start packaging it up until then.

I also think that when companies wait until the last minute to tell you that your order is cancelled (or) they're out-of-stock, that means they didn't want to tell you that.... "we weren't smart enough to order enough copies to cover all of our pre-orders, so you get screwed." In other words, just like the airlines do - they 'overbook' their initial release order!!

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
The Christmas DVD has not been shipped, but Bullmoose.com has the $20.96 on hold at my bank which usually indicates a product will be shipped soon. I chose 2-5 days USPS Priority mail and I ordered it yesterday (December 7). Guessing it will be here by next Monday or Tuesday..(weekend not counting in the priority mail timeframe)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
The Christmas DVD has not been shipped, but Bullmoose.com has the $20.96 on hold at my bank which usually indicates a product will be shipped soon. I chose 2-5 days USPS Priority mail and I ordered it yesterday (December 7). Guessing it will be here by next Monday or Tuesday..(weekend not counting in the priority mail timeframe)
Please make sure to include the tracking number along with your next update.
icon_e_yawn.gif

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
Please make sure to include the tracking number along with your next update. View attachment 165929
Here I thought people liked these updates. Only trying to let people know of potential issues while ordering from certain places. For what it's worth, Bull Moose has shipped the DVD today. I know from reading other posts that a lot of people like Bull Moose and recommend then, as I certainly do now..

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes

June Blair, ‘Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet’ Actress, Dies at 90​

Blair’s death was confirmed through a tribute post on Facebook by her niece, Tracy Kristine Nelson...
Variety.
Hard to believe she was 90 (!!!!) years old. A beautiful gal for sure.
1670720796088.png

Last edited:

TLones1060

Grip
Real Name
Tim Lones
I wrote this on my Facebook Page about the Christmas Collection, and yes I am excited about it arriving tomorrow.
"Another Christmas TV treat coming in the mail tomorrow. After having issues with Amazon about a shipping date, I decided to go ahead with a small company in New England, Bull Moose (dot) com. Ozzie and Harriet Christmas Collection (Official Release from MPI). Bull Moose has it priced for $13.97, with 2-5 day $6.99 USPS Priority Mail. Ordered it on December 7th, arriving tomorrow by 9PM.
Based on the sets I have received so far (Through season eight) I already have 10 episodes on scattered sets, but its nice to have them all at once in one place, plus a 1981 2-hour special, Rick Nelson's "The Christmas Song" from 1964, and Holiday Cast commercials. If you want a pleasant Holiday Diversion with what should be a very well done set, I highly recommend this. Worth even the extra shipping."

(Here is the official MPI Press Release on the set, with a list of content. 13 full episodes plus the listed extras.)

Attachments

• 9511519.JPG
    9511519.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 7

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
I just finished watching Season 8 and in episode #30 "Painting The Sorority House", Donna Douglas (“Ellie Mae Clampet” from The Beverly Hillbillies) appears in this episode as a sorority girl.

This would have been about 2 years before the first episode of The Beverly Hillbillies aired and she doesn't have her country, hillbilly accent or wardrobe, of course.

I'm sure y'all have recognized other future TV actors like:

"Otis Campbell, the town drunk" (Hal Smith) from the Andy Griffith Show playing differ characters throughout O & H.

"Sam Drunker, Hooterville's General Store proprietor" (Frank Cady) from Green Acres playing a couple of different characters on O & H, but mainly Doc Williams.

"Lancer"'s (James Stacy) who also played a couple of different roles on O & H, but mainly Rick & Dave's fraternity brother.

There may have been 1 or 2 others that I can't recall at the moment.

TRIVIA:

Skip Young’s 1st appearance on O & H was the delivery boy at the Nelson’s residence in Season 5, Episode 4 - "Christmas In October" (10-24-56).

Don DeFore's last appearance was in Season 5, Episode 31 - "Ozzie The Treasurer" (5-1-57), unless he appeared somewhere in seasons 9 -14.

Ricky was only 12 years old when the O & H series started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamywaby
Recent bookmarks