What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

mark-edk

Second Unit
It's good to get into season six, which is where I think the show really found its groove. The famous 'Tutti-fFutti' episode is one everybody remembers, but I think 'Banana Surprise' surpasses it and may be one of the top five episodes of the entire run. Quality of the transfers is on par with the previous seasons. Inserting here my complaint about audio processing, which is particularly annoying with the Kodak opening. When the announcer speaks and the music fades to background, the processing makes it gurgle as it can't decide whether to let the music play or suppress it. (My last audio complaint until we get 7 and 8.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thorny’s Piano from season 3 is indeed a gem. The funny coincidence was that I had been craving a chicken pie all week (Ozzie’s food cravings frequently mirror my own) and had gotten frozen ones from the store, so once that episode began with Ozzie serving them, I knew it was time to heat one up. I’ve had fancier meals in my life but as far as comfort food goes, it really doesn’t get much better than a chicken or turkey pot pie.

jetskier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
""I’ve had fancier meals in my life but as far as comfort food goes, it really doesn’t get much better than a chicken or turkey pot pie.""

I assume (even though one should never do that) you're talking about Stouffer's Chicken / Turkey Pot Pies. They're the best, especially if you like crust!! [in my expert TV dinner opinion since the start of the pandemic] :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I assume (even though one should never do that) you're talking about Stouffer's Chicken / Turkey Pot Pies - they're the best, especially if you like crust!!

I’ve tried a lot of the different brands - to be honest they all have pluses and minuses. If I want it just perfect I have to do it myself from scratch. Usually a day or two after Thanksgiving with the leftovers. I like to make a few to have that week, and then I’ll freeze the rest of the filling so I can make more at other times of the year.

My kids like watching me make them but still won’t try them (they’re three). I kinda don’t mind that they haven’t figured out how awesome those pies are - more for me!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just watched "Who's Walter?" the other night (another good one). Only a couple more episodes to go and I'll have finished season one. (I'm much slower making it through stuff than you other fellas...)

Still haven't received my S5 and S6 DVD sets yet...guessing they'll show up sometime early-to-mid next week.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm much slower making it through stuff than you other fellas...

Confession: for some of the ones I’ve seen before, I’ve had them on in the background and multitasked. I wrapped up season 3 just last night but 100% of the episodes didn’t get 100% of my undivided attention. It’s not necessarily ideal but I know me and if I don’t occasionally plow through a few that I’ve seen, I’m liable to get stuck there and stall out. I was up to season 8 or 9 in my watch of the public domain releases so I’m kinda eager to catch up so that I’m back to all new episodes when the official releases catch up to me.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Well, as I work my way through Season 4, I broke down and created an IMDB account login. I noticed a number of O&H episodes are not yet rated by users, so I figured I'd add my ratings to these first four seasons' episodes, and see how my favorites stack up with everyone else's. I haven't run into very many disappointments yet at all during my viewings, which is yet another sign of how enjoyable this show is.

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Working my way through Season 3. I watched Come As You Are (they should have waited a bit longer to change their clothes. He didn't say the party was postponed for another night, just postponed :). Also, The Dipple Door with the funny ending with all the dogs and The Odd Bolt. 3 more to watch tonight.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Finally received my S5 and S6 sets. (Packaging note: Import CDs did a FAR better job than Amazon US in packing these for international delivery...they arrived in mint condition this time). It took a while for them to get here, but as they happened to arrive just in time for my birthday, I'm not complaining.

Was spot-checking the discs and ended up watching the Gary OS S5 favorite "The Duena" in its entirety. What a great episode that was! And loaded with beautiful ladies, too. ;) I've not seen the vast majority of these episodes before, so lots of fun viewing ahead.

Last edited:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Was spot-checking the discs and ended up watching the Gary OS S5 favorite "The Duena" in its entirety. What a great episode that was! And loaded with beautiful ladies, too. ;) I've not seen the vast majority of these episodes before, so lots of fun viewing ahead.

Chihuahua, Jeff.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - 5.19 "The Duenna"
David meets a pretty Spanish girl named Lucita in the malt shop and asks her to the dance, but she can only go out with him if she brings along her "duenna," or chaperone. Ozzie, expecting the duenna in question to be a nice little grandmotherly type, agrees to accompany David, but is surprised to find that Lucita's duenna, Carmelita (Lina Romay), is much younger (and foxier) than he expected.

Ozzie's embarassment grows when he realizes that Carmelita believes that he's her date, not helped by the fact that the women don't speak English and neither Ozzie nor David know much Spanish. The foursome head to a local Mexican restaurant and engage in a little dancing, just as Harriet arrives on the scene with three of her attractive Women's League pals. A wonderful episode all around, with many funny lines, lovely ladies galore and even a climactic musical number. Screencaps from MPI's S5 DVD set.

vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h35m42s688.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h35m53s926.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h53m45s215.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h38m11s027.png

vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h37m01s068.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h39m21s271.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h40m29s625.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h41m27s882.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h42m47s956.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h44m06s907.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h44m25s238.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h46m21s990.png

vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h45m54s055.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h49m14s783.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h50m03s066.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h50m58s818.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h47m52s851.png
vlcsnap-2022-10-13-19h52m58s845.png

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I’m way behind most of you guys. This weekend I watched Season Two Episodes 8, 9 and 10. The one that struck my funny bone the most was S02E08 The Hustler (Nov.06.1953). I see it has no rating at IMDb. I’d have to give it an 8.0, but then, I haven’t seen so many episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. I’d be curious to hear what those of you who have seen hundreds of episodes would rate this one. Note: A prime example of how incomplete IMDb can be, Don DeFore does not receive any credit as being in this episode.

The best part, was obviously the Dragnet parody. When this episode aired Dragnet had been on the air just about two years. Here’s the clip. It had me laughing out loud! For anyone who hasn’t seen this episode, don't view it as it will be a spoiler.

Btw, for those of you who can't get enough of Don DeFore, a YouTube channel called Hazel Fan has uploaded quite a few Hazel episodes. For how long, who knows?

samchristie9563

Auditioning
Real Name
Samuel Christie
I’m way behind most of you guys. This weekend I watched Season Two Episodes 8, 9 and 10. The one that struck my funny bone the most was S02E08 The Hustler (Nov.06.1953). I see it has no rating at IMDb. I’d have to give it an 8.0, but then, I haven’t seen so many episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. I’d be curious to hear what those of you who have seen hundreds of episodes would rate this one. Note: A prime example of how incomplete IMDb can be, Don DeFore does not receive any credit as being in this episode.

The best part, was obviously the Dragnet parody. When this episode aired Dragnet had been on the air just about two years. Here’s the clip. It had me laughing out loud! For anyone who hasn’t seen this episode, don't view it as it will be a spoiler.

Btw, for those of you who can't get enough of Don DeFore, a YouTube channel called Hazel Fan has uploaded quite a few Hazel episodes. For how long, who knows?
how did you upload the clip?

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I watched Season 5’s “Jet Pilot” last night and I’m still laughing over it this afternoon! :)
Hah! I reluctantly jumped more than three seasons ahead and watched Jet Pilot this morning. Great episode! I realized I’d seen it long ago on YouTube from one of those horrible PD prints. So wonderful that we will never have to watch those again.

SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT WATCH if you have never seen this episode!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks