What's new

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
This show was like many in that I knew it as a punchline long before I had the chance to actually see. At which point I realized that much like other programs where that was the case, the depiction was off base and the show was better than most products of the modern era.

Ironic that many of the “enlightened” generation that put down fare like this turned out to be far bigger squares than their parents generation, or brazen sell-outs.

Ozzie’s autobiography is a great read.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
This show was like many in that I knew it as a punchline long before I had the chance to actually see. At which point I realized that much like other programs where that was the case, the depiction was off base and the show was better than most products of the modern era.

Ironic that many of the “enlightened” generation that put down fare like this turned out to be far bigger squares than their parents generation, or brazen sell-outs.

Ozzie’s autobiography is a great read.
Welcome back dear PurpleWig and your avatar fat-faced William Conrad!

Fat-faced Willam Conrad.jpg

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mine just arrived! I’m still in season 2, so I’m probably a month away from enjoying these but very happy to have them. $19.99 each from Bull Moose (Amazon is still showing $24), free shipping, and got here a day early, nicely packaged for mailing in a sturdy cardboard box. I couldn’t be more happy.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm almost finished with disc 2 of Season one. I watch so many different shows on DVD at the same time that I never watch more than one or two episodes of the same show a week which is the way I prefer to watch. So it will be awhile before I need season 3 and 4 but I am glad they are releasing them fast. I already have season 2 but will probably order season 3 next month to help sales.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Anyone for Summer Theatre, the summer replacement for O&H in 1953. Don DeFore stepped out of his character in the season finale closing tag with the Nelson's, with Harriet mentioning that he would appear in an episode. IMDB has information on Summer Theatre if you wanna check it out.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm frustrated. I pre-ordered from DD a long time ago, and although my card was charged on Saturday and I received a "shipped" notification from them yesterday, my package has NOT been shipped as of just now according to USPS.

Gary "canceled my pre-order with DD for S5 & S6 earlier today and ordered those from Bull Moose" O.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In nearly two decades of ordering, I’ve never had a DD package not show up, but I’ve never had one arrive in a timely fashion either. I only order from them now if they have something at an absurdly low price and I have no timeframe in mind for when I want to watch it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
In nearly two decades of ordering, I’ve never had a DD package not show up, but I’ve never had one arrive in a timely fashion either. I only order from them now if they have something at an absurdly low price and I have no timeframe in mind for when I want to watch it.

I agree, Josh. And I really should’ve known that, as I’ve bought things from them for something like 20 years now. My mistake, but I will not make it again.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Watching the season 4 'Beautiful Day' on the new DVDs I noticed that above the fireplace it had the statuettes rather than the two paintings. The statuettes were used in season 3, so that indicated this was a show held over to air in season 4. But at one point in the show the fireplace suddenly had the season 4 paintings, suggesting that some extra footage was shot months after the main portion of the show.

PS: I also saw two episodes, I think both in season 4, with two different dogs, one a big dog named 'Red' I think, and another a small white dog. (Usually no dog is seen or mentioned.)

Attachments

• sma[.jpg
    sma[.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member