What's new

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

S01E13 Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-1.jpg S01E13 Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-2.jpg S01E13 Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-10.jpg S01E13 Late Christmas Gift (Dec.26.1952)-11.jpg

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Bingo, Lou!!! To complain about this DVD set because you own a 20+-year-old TV, is really a low point on this discussion board. Instead you ought to be complaining about your TV, not the DVDs. Look, we are hoping and praying that all of the sets get released. The last thing this thread needs is someone downing the DVDs, and saying they won’t buy any more of them. Just not a good look.
thank heavens my dvd player has the zoom
I can’t believe I’m up to like episode 14 already. I’m skipping the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes until we get to those seasons later in the year but still, it’s been super fun to revisit these early ones.
Not to go off topic I love the Ozzie and Harriet XMAS shows FKB too etc then back to the topic but did My Three Sons ever do a XMAS episode Ozzie and Harriet did some of the best!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
thank heavens my dvd player has the zoom

Not to go off topic I love the Ozzie and Harriet XMAS shows FKB too etc then back to the topic but did My Three Sons ever do a XMAS episode Ozzie and Harriet did some of the best!

Nope. My Three Sons never did one. I was always disappointed in that show for that one reason. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great show. But I was shocked that after 14 seasons they could never work one in.

Gary “Ozzie and Harriet were the kings of Christmas episodes, with Lassie coming in a close second, in my humble opinion” O.

ElPaBr

Grip
Real Name
Elaine Salisbury

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Nope. My Three Sons never did one. I was always disappointed in that show for that one reason. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great show. But I was shocked that after 14 seasons they could never work one in.

Gary “Ozzie and Harriet were the kings of Christmas episodes, with Lassie coming in a close second, in my humble opinion” O.
Would the way Fred MacMurray shot his scenes have prevented the Christmas episode? Too much time and work to get the set decorated and undecorated for those scenes?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Ozzie and Harriet were yes the kings of XMAS Stories --- but the tops was the Honeymooners Twas The Night Before Christmas

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Leave it to Beaver was another head scratcher as to why they never did a Christmas episode. In 6 seasons you would have thought at least 2 Christmas episodes would have been a no brainer. Dennis the menace which was on the same time for 4 seasons had 3 Christmas episodes by comparison.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Leave it to Beaver was another head scratcher as to why they never did a Christmas episode. In 6 seasons you would have thought at least 2 Christmas episodes would have been a no brainer. Dennis the menace which was on the same time for 4 seasons had 3 Christmas episodes by comparison.
one episode of Beaver Mom makes angel wings for a costume for Beaver thats the only possible xmas reference

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've always assumed that older TV shows tended to skip holiday episodes so they could play in syndication without having, say, a Christmas episode play in April. Personally, I think the audience can handle the 'confusion' of something like that but I suppose it's possible that networks underestimated the audience's intelligence. :laugh:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I've always assumed that older TV shows tended to skip holiday episodes so they could play in syndication without having, say, a Christmas episode play in April. Personally, I think the audience can handle the 'confusion' of something like that but I suppose it's possible that networks underestimated the audience's intelligence. :laugh:
last night metv aired the Honeymooners XMAS

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I Love Lucy only did one Christmas episode, and I remember reading in one of Lucy's bios that it was her least favorite episode.

From imdb: This episode is referred to as "The Lost Episode" because it was not included in the syndication package. It was not included because of its Christmas theme and because it mostly consists of flashbacks to previous episodes. This episode remained unseen until the year Lucille Ball passed away and was aired by CBS on December 18, 1989. In December 1990 CBS aired a colorized version of the episode.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I Love Lucy only did one Christmas episode, and I remember reading in one of Lucy's bios that it was her least favorite episode.

From imdb: This episode is referred to as "The Lost Episode" because it was not included in the syndication package. It was not included because of its Christmas theme and because it mostly consists of flashbacks to previous episodes. This episode remained unseen until the year Lucille Ball passed away and was aired by CBS on December 18, 1989. In December 1990 CBS aired a colorized version of the episode.
yes it was big news when they aired it a few years back as a lost episode ---- but Ozzie And Harriet had the best although Donna Reed had one great one with Buster Keaton I also love the first one FKB did although cannot find a full length copy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks