What's new

MPI Press Release: Dark Shadows The Complete Original Series (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
David Weicker said:
TVShowsOnDVD have amended their story - they received clarification from MPI. Apparently there are now two versions of the complete set.
The original version was a 2500 limited numbered edition that contains Jonathan Frid's autograph. This one is practically sold out, but it is the one with the April release date.
MPI, recognizing the high demand, are releasing a second set that should be identical the the first set except it is not limited, is not numbered, and does not contain JF's autograph. That is the July release. The extra time is due to the manufacturing of the packaging. It is expected to be the same price as the first set,
David
OK, Jack (P&P) beat me to the news.
I am glad that they are releasing a nonlimited set. I thought that would be the case given the demand I was seeing online. I am disappointed that the MSRP will not decrease, but hopefully this new set will see more aggressive discounting.

Real Name
Scott
Well ImportCDs is just giving me Excuses, mine has Not shipped yet, they have already Shipped out copies but now tell me, they were asked not to ship.
First they told me, a copy has Not been allocated to my order yet.
Then said 5 days ago,
This item will most likely ship before the release date so that you will receive it on the day or before it is released. Sincerely, ImportCDs Customer ServiceImportCDs.com
Today said,
The label has asked us not to ship any more of this item until closer to the
street date.
Sincerely,
ImportCDs Customer Service
ImportCDs.com
With a 7 Business day ship time from them I would think NOW is the time to Ship.
Not real happy with Importcds at this point.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Real Name
Scott
Powell&Pressburger said:
I would say word got out to MPI that many rec'd their orders from Import CDs... I say cancel IMPORTs order and stick at amazon.
I would Like to Cancel my order with them. The problem is the only kinda contact for them is email, they don't have a Cancel my order button like Amazon.
I paid with my paypal account using one of my credit cards thats both, credit/debit, either way I use it, it automatically takes the full amount right out of my checking account.
IF I try to cancel with ImportCds, just how long will they sit on their thumbs, before my money is actually Returned to me, so I can then place my Amazon order. It could be Sold Out again at Amazon by then and I get Nothing.
I am not really interested in the Non Limited Edition, unless it was HALF the cost of the Limited Edition one. It is currently 6 bucks More and a July 10th release.
Never again will I place an order from a website I have never even heard of, this is exactly what I was affraid of. I still have No confirmation from them, that I DO in fact have a copy being sent to me. :f

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Due to all the confusion about limits, availability, multiple editions, shipping & release dates, etc. -- in fact, just about everything to do with this set -- I've got pre-orders with both Amazon and Target. I was a bit concerned that next week could roll around and all I'd end up with is an email telling me my order could not be fulfilled due to "insufficient stock".
That could still happen, of course, but I feel better having two on pre-order. I figure I can cancel one when the other ships, or just return the Target one to my local store if I somehow end up with both.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Sorry to hear that SCOTT DS Fan I know Import CDs like Deep Discount can be touchy and since you ordered by paypal I would let the order take its course.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I'm an insane old man...and will be happy whenever it gets here.
insane%20old%20man.gif

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Scott DS Fan said:
Well ImportCDs is just giving me Excuses, mine has Not shipped yet, they have already Shipped out copies but now tell me, they were asked not to ship. First they told me, a copy has Not been allocated to my order yet. Then said 5 days ago, This item will most likely ship before the release date so that you will receive it on the day or before it is released. Sincerely, ImportCDs Customer ServiceImportCDs.com Today said, The label has asked us not to ship any more of this item until closer to the street date. Sincerely, ImportCDs Customer Service ImportCDs.com With a 7 Business day ship time from them I would think NOW is the time to Ship. Not real happy with Importcds at this point.
Your being too hard on the company. They have a set allocated for you and on the day of the release they will ship it to you. This company has no right to sell you the product before street date or they can face heavy punishments from the vendor. Places like Disney has sued companies for releasing products early, delayed shipments to these vendors so they won't have the product when it is released and more. MPI gave import cds a slap on the wrist.

Real Name
Scott
Michael Fett said:
Your being too hard on the company. They have a set allocated for you and on the day of the release they will ship it to you. This company has no right to sell you the product before street date or they can face heavy punishments from the vendor. Places like Disney has sued companies for releasing products early, delayed shipments to these vendors so they won't have the product when it is released and more. MPI gave import cds a slap on the wrist.
You are mistaken. Reread my post. I was clearly told by them > "A copy has not been allocated to your order yet but we should have enough to
cover all pre-orders.
Sincerely,
ImportCDs Customer Service
ImportCDs.com"
My order was placed on March 28th, they Took the money Immediately.
"Should have enough" ? Not good enough for me. You either Have them, or you Don't. 1 is either Allocated to my order, or it is Not.
I have been extremely Polite, just asking to be kept up to date on whats going on with my order, I get Vague one line replies, then have to wait hours or the next day for the next reply.
Other websites do not take the cash until they actually Ship your item/items, they took it within seconds.
The Fact is, they have Shipped these, MPI slapping their wrists is not my concern.
They already told me they were going to ship these>" This item will most likely ship before the release date so that you will receive it on the day or before it is released. Sincerely, ImportCDs Customer ServiceImportCDs.com"
Amazon is also Shipping to their customers so that it Arrives ON the 10th to them.
I still have Zero confirmation that a set IS actually "Allocated to my order". Even as of Today, one is still not "Allocated" to my order.
After going on 7 days since my order was placed, and paid in full, Why can't they Confirm I have a boxed set packed ready and waiting on a certain Date to be shipped? Instead they are just being pretty darn vague and leaving that door open to cancel orders without committing to them. Exactly what I was affraid of from a site like this, a last minute Cancelled order.
They could have easily replied, Scott your order IS boxed and ready for shipping, but we can no longer ship as early as we had hoped. But not to worry Your order Will be fullfilled.
By their own words to me, they Still do Not have a set "Allocated" to my order.
I'm kinda Stuck, because I can afford ONE set, I do not feel like shelling out $800.00 total, to place another order, then have to either send one back and wait for my money. Or one never sent and have to fight for my money back. I never have to worry about that when buying from Amazon or other well known sites.
With Amazon there would be No problem. I know for a fact that once they recieve the Return, with Their pre paid return shipping label that you just print out, they put the money back into your account within 2 business days.
I have No clue what importcds return policies actually are. They don't have it listed on their site, that I could find. Restocking fees? Cancellation Fees? How long before thay actually return you money after you cancel an order?

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Not trying to change the subject....but in the 1897 Flashback potion of the new set (looking at the covers on the links on the Dark Shadows News Page)...I noticed Aristede is on a cover but not Count Petofi. Something not quite right about that.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, $400 and some change that I really don't have to spend! But doggone it I have always wanted to see every episode, and it is such an attractive set.
Pre ordered from Amazon.
Dark Shadows, here I come.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bryan^H said:
Oh man, $400 and some change that I really don't have to spend! But doggone it I have always wanted to see every episode, and it is such an attractive set.
Pre ordered from Amazon.
Dark Sahdows, here I come.
Bryan,
Glad to hear it! Dark Shadows (original series) is one of three shows that I'd bring to my desert island if given the chance. TOL and TOS are the other two.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Ockeghem said:
Bryan,
Glad to hear it! Dark Shadows (original series) is one of three shows that I'd bring to my desert island if given the chance. TOL and TOS are the other two.
Mine would be Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, and then Dark Shadows.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Scott DS Fan said:
My order was placed on March 28th, they Took the money Immediately.
I ordered through them to and I am not a big fan of being charged for it immediately either, but my order says one is allocated for it. I payed directly through the site and didn't use PayPal like some people did. That is just not a good practice. Only reason I ordered through them is because product said in stock. Where as Amazon couldn't guarantee me a copy if I preordered it. I am not going to order through them again either if it can be helped because their online system is terrible. That being said Im not unhappy my copy has not shipped yet either because street date has not passed yet. If your mad at anyone be mad at the people who said they got their copy early through Import Cds. It is because of them why your copy has not shipped. If you get an early copy people from somewhere dont say where it came from just say you got a reveiwer's copy. I hope everything works out on your end.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
In my case with Import CDs, they did a pending charge right away, which is not all that uncommon. Target did the same thing when i pre-ordered with them. And once cancelling it took several days for the Target pending charge to go away. It wasn't until it shipped from import CDs that it went from pending to a formal charge. That was my experience.
Mine arrived today in perfect condition, No. 364 out of 2500. No worries about packaging. I don't think it could have been packaged any better. And considering how it was packaged it was obvious this is how they came from MPI, so all should ship the same way.
BTW, it is impressive. All should be happy when they receive their copies.

Real Name
Scott
Michael Fett said:
I ordered through them to and I am not a big fan of being charged for it immediately either, but my order says one is allocated for it. I payed directly through the site and didn't use PayPal like some people did. That is just not a good practice. Only reason I ordered through them is because product said in stock. Where as Amazon couldn't guarantee me a copy if I preordered it. I am not going to order through them again either if it can be helped because their online system is terrible. That being said Im not unhappy my copy has not shipped yet either because street date has not passed yet. If your mad at anyone be mad at the people who said they got their copy early through Import Cds. It is because of them why your copy has not shipped. If you get an early copy people from somewhere dont say where it came from just say you got a reveiwer's copy. I hope everything works out on your end.
"I payed directly through the site and didn't use PayPal like some people did. That is just not a good practice."
Why would paying through paypal not be a good practice??? They cover your butt if some site or someone you buy from does not ship, ships a piece of junk they said was in perfect mint condition, ect.
They (importcds)and lots of websites accept paypal, so why not use it?
Only had to file a dispute Once with many many many many ebay purchases.
Seller said item was Complete, was Missing several parts. Shipped it back, paypal refunded my money.
I missed it first go round on Amazon, by finding out about the set the day after they ran out. Otherwise as a Amazon Prime Member, I would have Jumped on it with them.
Got scared they would Not be getting anymore in and started seeing other sites selling out as well.
Doing searches on Google for it, found this thread and the Link to the importcds site (never heard of them before) and bought my copy.
Not mad, not yet at least, I don't get a set from them, Then i'll be pretty Mad.
Just Frustrated at this point, don't like the vague one line replies, no phone number, no real concrete answers.
If they had just replied with 2 or 3 sentences explaining whats going on with my order and said don't worry, your set is boxed with your name on it, as soon as we can we Will ship it to you.
Sorry others already have their sets, we made a mistake, etc.
My mind would have been put at ease. Not left feeling dang I made a Mistake buying from this place.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Scott DS Fan said:
Congrats on recieving yours. Nice low number as well. Posting pics ?
Mine still has not shipped.
Earlier in the thread I linked to someone else's pictures that are much better and complete then anything I would have put together. As much as one see's the pictures though, the size and weight of the product is still much more impressive then i expected.
I do think ImportCDs probably did get scolded by MPI for sending out early, and I probably just slipped in before they put it on hold. My guess is that they can ship again when the expected delivery date is on or just after the release date. So I wouldn't be surprised if you received a notice sometime between now and Friday afternoon.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
Scott DS Fan said:
Why would paying through paypal not be a good practice???
It is not good practice for a company to charge you ahead of time for an order that has not shipped or being prepared to ship. As far as your order is concerned and paying through PayPal Im not going to blame you for that.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
ImportCDs has not shipped my order that I placed last week and they've not taken my payment yet...it's in "hold" status so it shows up as being "spent" but I understand banks do this for "hold" pattern for orders placed with companies like ImportCDs.
and yes...I wish they would ship my order but I'm beginning to think it won't ship until next Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks