What's new

MPI Press Release: Dark Shadows The Complete Original Series (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Professor Echo,
I don't know if you've seen some of the special features on the individual volumes, but in one of them, Roger Davis (Jeff Clark / Peter Bradford) tells how he used to cover up the cheat sheet lines that Addison Powell (Dr. Lang) asked him to put on his sleeves / collar area during some of the scenes that they had together. Davis said it was a hoot, having Powell muff his lines every now and then. They look like they enjoyed each others' company on the set. :)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Haha, Scott, I love it. I have indeed seen Powell grasping at times, but just figured it was because of the taping pace of the series, had no idea Roger was helping him look bad, LOL. That interview may be on the disc I am currently watching. I have five shows to go on it and then the interview so that's something to look forward to. I met Roger Davis once and he was so nice, modest and funny, it was a pleasure to spend time talking to him.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
You know I always have to put my 2 cents in. I will not give away the plot. The actor played the voice of the dead Jeremiah Collins and also was a lawyer for Vicky in one episode of 1795. He also was brought back again in the 1840 storyline when Quentin was on trial again only 1 episode. The poor man also had trouble with the tape recorder which we have all seen. I also think he flubed up the Dream Curse riddle for I think Roger Davis dream. He also taped a message for Julia but some how there were two message's until they settled on one. The one I liked the best was the message being played at Widow's Hill while we see different views of ocean clips. I thought that was a very nice touch.
I really now have regrets on box set. I looked around they are sold out and 3 already on ebay!
You guys should really get the book. I took another look and it is a must have for any DS fans.
Scott, the Roger Davis fact I had forgot about. Good Show my friend!!
Well off to Laura's send off.
I am happy for all who bought the box set!!! Could be worth money as time goes on. The other question I have is this. Will all the separate volumes be able to be obtained at once?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mark Collins said:
I really now have regrets on box set. I looked around they are sold out and 3 already on ebay!
I am happy for all who bought the box set!!! Could be worth money as time goes on. The other question I have is this. Will all the separate volumes be able to be obtained at once?
Doing a Google search, there appear to be other retailers that are still selling this. Some of the prices seem somewhat reasonable
David

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
David thanks for the tip and you are right. I am in a quandry as to what to do. I would be buying the entire set for the 3rd time.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Scott how dumb I am! DARK SHADOWS: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES includes more than 100 bonus interviews with the actors and production personnel – its cast included Kate Jackson, Oscar nominee Grayson Hall and Hollywood Golden Era movie star Joan Bennett, plus a 96-page booklet with photographs and episode summaries, DVDs of bloopers, behind-the-scenes documentary and cast reunion – all housed in a coffin-shaped box.
This means the special edition which I just bought and the DS reunion and bloopers and treasures which I also just bought. The last of the first 6 pre Barnabas episodes includes the restored Barnabas kinescope as a bonus.
I also spoke with Amazon by phone. Amazon stated they will get more direct from MPI.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,
I think that those who own the complete series in individual volumes have all of the bonus interviews, and of course the restored Barnabas kinescope. As far as I can tell at this point, only the booklet and maybe some material on one or two extra DVDs is new. But I can't even be sure about that. Some of it may be the Bloopers and Treasures and Special Edition material, both of which we already own.
Please let me know if you find out anything from Amazon. I wasn't able to get much information on the set from MPI, unfortunately.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Just switched my order from Target to ImportCD. Target's price of $414 wasn't bad but tax jumped it to $438. ImportCD is one of the few with it still in stock and a price sub $400 (i.e., $383 shipped).
For those still interested:
http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2372026/Dark-Shadows-Dark-Shadows-The-Complete-Original-Series-%5BLimited-Edition%5D-%5B131-Discs%5D-DVD

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I admitt to the envy but have now decided not to buy the set. The Depp movie will cost me when it comes out. I have also othe bluray titles for 2012. I also know my dvds and each of them play. The 131 limited edition is more for the people who may have not bought the dvds over the years.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark Collins said:
I admitt to the envy but have now decided not to buy the set. The Depp movie will cost me when it comes out. I have also othe bluray titles for 2012. I also know my dvds and each of them play. The 131 limited edition is more for the people who may have not bought the dvds over the years.
Mark,
I admire your decision. I really don't think that there will be all that much 'new' information that you and I don't already own in some format. Still, it would be nice to know what exactly is included in the set as far as special features are concerned.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
That link for $377 is tempting but when I got out the discs I already have, it would cost me far less to buy the ones I am missing, particularly given the dropping prices of some of the individual sets. So I, too, am going to pass on this box set...but darn it is magnificent.
I simply must exercise self-control.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger /t/319143/mpi-press-release-dark-shadows-the-complete-original-series/30#post_3911066
I would like to know who those people are! Amazon still says on my Pre-Order April 10th but who knows. Seems really odd.
Some of the people that received their box set early and are leaving reviews at amazon have admitted that they didn't actually order it from amazon, but from another retailer who broke the rules and shipped it out early before the release date.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
After Reading some input others posted on amazon's site over the set... it seems that amazon are planning on shipping the first pre-orders April 10th and that pre-orders after they sold out of their first batch will be filled at the later dates. (Mainly the ones that they took orders for the first time amazon posted to please sign up / check back later etc) but who knows.

Real Name
Scott
Is "ImportCds.com a Legit site to Order from?
I am Dying to get this and I am an Amazon Prime Member and missed pre ordering by 1 day. I never even knew it was coming out, Thanks alot amazon.
I am signed up to be notified but people on amazon who ordered elswhere already started getting theirs.
I GOTTA HAVE THIS! lol
< 50 year old male, who watched as a kid.

Real Name
Scott
smithb said:
Just switched my order from Target to ImportCD. Target's price of $414 wasn't bad but tax jumped it to $438. ImportCD is one of the few with it still in stock and a price sub $400 (i.e., $383 shipped).
For those still interested:
http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2372026/Dark-Shadows-Dark-Shadows-The-Complete-Original-Series-%5BLimited-Edition%5D-%5B131-Discs%5D-DVD
I sure HOPE this place is Legit! I was gonna order from Target and then 25 Tax made me back off.
Overstock had it under 400.00 and I kept waiting and hoping Amazon would contact me as a prime member so I could order it through them.
Getting Scared I Won't get it at all now that some have already shipped from other websites!
So I just placed my order from your Link you posted, came out to $390.17 shipped.
I used my Paypal, mainly to hopefully be Safe if they don't ship it, and that I had a refund given to me and had $100.00 sitting in my paypal so that "kinda" knocked the 100.00 off since I had spent that 100.00 2 months ago for some car parts that the seller never shipped, and he Refunded my money.
PLEASE GOD LET THIS POSTED LINKED SITE BE LEGIT!!! :patriot:

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I wouldn't put them on the same level as an Amazon, maybe second tier like DeepDiscount (which apparently is owned by the same company). There ratings looked fine, but it is my first order with them. For a little more there is FamilyVideo that has it for $414.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks