MP3 to CDR Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Ok..I finally got me a DVD player that does MP3, the Apex 3201. So, I use Nero..and burn the files and run into some problems. Firstly...in front of some tracks there is a blurb..a "preview" if you will..of the upcoming sing. Lasts about a second.

Secondly, Some of the tracks contain a LOT of static...don't have ANY clue what that is from!

I have successfully used Nero in making standard CD's from MP3 tracks letting Nero do the conversion. But this one has me stumped! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Could it be the DVD player tripping over the ID tags in the MP3 files?

3. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Scooter,
    Check out this site .
    I've had the 600A model intergrated in my HT for years now and I use it exclusivly for MP3 playback. I find it to have great sound but is finicky as to the way the CD-R(W)s must be burned. I mostly use it as a jukebox (random play mode), with all files in the root directory burned at 192 kbps. It seems to handle files encoded at 128 or higher very well but lower bitrates do give me problems. Many of the newer APEX players have better MP3 interfaces and can handle multiple folder levels. Scour the website above, I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions.
    -Gary