What's new

MP3 Software Question (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any software that will allow you to burn a data disc of MP3's & change the position of songs? I have Easy CD creater (version 3.5C) & in the help section it says after you have the MP3's in the layout window you can drag songs into the position you want. It automatically puts them in alphabetical order when you first put the MP3's in the layout window.

However I can't get the software to allow me to drag songs to different places to put them in a different order. It will do it on a regular CD layout for wave files but not a data CD with MP3's. According to the help section it says you can do it on either. Does someone have this version & know how to do it or recommend a software that will allow me to do this? Thanks for your replies.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
This would probably be better in the Computer area, but you need to rename the files with '01', '02' ,'03' etc as a prefix.

So your list of files would be like...

01 Song 1
02 Song 2
03 Song 3
04 Song 4

and so on.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Stan, people on this forum recommended Music Match to me. I had the same concern and figured out how to do what Rob Gillespie just said using super tagging.

Tags: fields about a song file, like titles, album, artist, track no, etc.
Super tagging: doing fancy stuff with tags, including renaming the files to include tags. You can specify which tags goes where in the title. To get them to be in track list order, the first field would be the track number and the second the song title.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
When you use the numbers as a prefix do they show up on the MP3 player when you play the disc or do they just show the artist name & song title. I'm getting a in dash car CD player that also plays MP3 cds. I'd like to put the songs in a certain order however I wouldn't want it to show as 01, 02, 03 before the name of the artist & song title.

My Easy CD Creator says you can drag songs in the layout window to where you want to put them in a certain order but I can't get it to do that.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Stan, it depends on how the unit displays the name. I have a Kenwood head unit in my car and it has the option of displaying Folder name, File name or ID3 tag name. Since all of my MP3s are properly tagged, I go with the ID3 option.

Prefixing the filenames is the only way to get songs to play in the order you want.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I have to use the artist name - track number track name format (like The Beatles - 01 Drive My Car.mp3) for my portable mp3 player (TDK Mojo) to play songs in order.

Too bad m3u files are Winamp-specific, because 95% of my mp3s are named artist name - track name (The Beatles - Drive My Car.mp3), and I have to rename the tracks before burning the CD for my player.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
m3u files are used by other applications (like MusicMatch). The Rio Volt lets you copy these files to the CD and use them as playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks