mp3 Players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by greg bawin, Feb 21, 2002.

1. greg bawin

greg bawin Auditioning

i'm looking into getting an mp3 player but i'm curious what all of your experiences are. which brands are the best? i was looking at sony's but they come with a proprietary software that appears to be difficult to work with. anyone have any recommendations for me? i'd like one with a large harddrive or at least exandable memory

thanks...

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    If you are a Mac user then I would suggest the iPod. With a 5gig "hard drive" this will hold most if not all of your mp3s. Nomad also makes mp3 players with large drives(6gig and 20 gig) but these are large and bulky compared to the iPod. The nomad are quite a bit cheaper though. The ipod goes for about $600 here in Canada which is about the same as the 20gig Nomad.

3. Patrick Cate

Patrick Cate Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Richard, if you own a Mac, you should get an iPod. You may want to wait a couple of months though, because it's rumored that Apple is about to come out with a new iPod with a 10gig hard drive. This is possibly because Archos is about to come out with a new 10 gig MP3 player for both the PC and Mac that has similiar specs as the iPod. You can find about it at: http://www.archos.com/us/products/product_jbmm.html If you use a PC there are other alternatives from Creative, Sonic Blue, etc. But others I'm sure can give better advice about these than I can. Also, you might want to post or move this thread to the Computer forum, you might get better responses there.