What's new

MP3 Player to Stereo problem (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey All, I got a wierd problem going on with my portable MP3 player and my stereo and I thought some of the helpful folks here at HTF could help me. I have a 1 year old Nomad Jukebox MP3 player which I've loaded with a bunch of music and have connected to my Aiwa stereo (Just a cheaper all-in-one bedroom stereo unit)via the analog stereo RCA jacks I have. I've had this rig going since June without incident until about a month or two ago. Normally when the player is connected in this way the sound volume is controlled via the stereo remote as it should be, but lately sometimes I'll turn it on and have it connected and the sound will not work right, instead volume is controlled by the player's volume control not my stereo's remote. The volume can still be controlled via remote in this case but in order to hear the music you have to turn the player's volume control up to max volume. Stuff like this seems to happen randomly and only on that set-up. I've tried doing this on both my computer and my main HT set-up and both seem to work flawlessly with no problems and like I said it occurs randomly sometimes working fine but other times not (even if I reboot the player.) What could be causing this? MP3 player, stereo, or RCA cables? Thanks for the help

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Is the cable plugged into the headphone out or line out? It should be in the line out, otherwise the volume can be controlled by the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks