What's new

MP3 player question (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I own a Nomad Jukebox 6 gigabyte MP3 player. Recently I downloaded the new firmware for the Jukebox (version 2.95.)The new firmware now gives me the option to defragment the Jukebox's hard drive as well as reformat it. The thing I'm wondering is, what happens if I have to reformat it? specifically what happens to the files and folders that categorize my music. For those who aren't familar the player seperates music according to ID3 tag by Genre,Artist,Playlist, and albums. Would these folders get erased in the (hopefully unlikely) event that I have to reformat the Jukebox, or is it possible the firmware within the player probably has a safeguard against this happening? or is it possible that the firmware would have to be completely reinstalled? could someone please help give me an educated guess on this stuff? thanks.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
The nomad contains and ordinary hard drive in it. There is nothing special about it except that its physically small. A format is just that, a format. This means it will wipe the disk completely clean and you'll lose all the songs and folders on it. Obviously the operating system will stay intact because that information is not kept on the disk itself. I doubt there is a safeguard beyond "are you sure you want to format?". Once you say "yes", everything is gone. I don't see a need for you to format it unless everything on the drive gets corrupted or you just want a quick way to get rid of everything.

Jason Korte

Auditioning
Speaking of the Nomad Jukebox, how do you like it?? I just ordered mine(6GB version) today, and I hope I made the right decision...

Edit: It just came today, I want to play around with it, but the batteries have to charge for 12 hours (!!) the first time you charge them, which is stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks