What's new

MP3 & phone app deals/freebies (Amazon/Starbucks/etc.) (2 Viewers)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Sunday, Nov. 16) is: Frank Zappa's "The Ark" for $1.99.

Plus the 5 for $5 Friday Deals are still running...see post #19.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Sorry I didn't post on Monday...the Deal was posted late and there was a discrepancy between the home page price and the download page price....

However, today's Deal is Nickelback's brand new release "Dark Horse" for only $3.99!

Also available ("for a limited time") is a five track Vanguard/Sugar Hill Sampler for FREE!!! It's on the "Special Deals" home page.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Awesome. I can't tell you how much I think Amazon is really doing it right, the one thing I hated about the success of the iTunes store was the lack of competition and these sales and free giveouts of really high quality music from Amazon give me great hope. The Amazon to iTunes integration just works flawlessly too. Walmart is also getting there but they are nowhere near as good as either Amazon or iTunes.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Thurs. Nov. 20) is Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" for the blow-out price of $0.99!!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Friday, Nov. 21) is Meiko's self-titled debut CD (a song from the CD was played during last night's Grey's Anatomy) for $1.99.

The Five for $5 Friday Deals this weekend are:

James Taylor: "Covers"

Notorious BIG: "Life After Death"

Theory of a Deadman: "Scars and Souveniers"

The Carpenters: "Singles 1969-1981"

Madvillian: "Madvilliany"

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link. I had not seen this on Amazon before. I have downloaded a few albums. I like the fact that the bitrate from Amazon is higher than at iTunes.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Marty M said:
Thanks for the link. I had not seen this on Amazon before. I have downloaded a few albums. I like the fact that the bitrate from Amazon is higher than at iTunes.
Amazon tracks are 256 kb/s mp3
iTunes DRM tracks are 128 kb/s AAC
iTunes DRM-free tracks are 256 kb/s AAC
It's not just about bitrates. The codec matters too. From what I've read online the feeling is that AAC is better than mp3 at equivalent bitrates. How much I'm not sure. So a DRM track from iTunes may not be that different in quality to a 256 kb/s mp3.
But the DRM is generally a deal-breaker for me, with the hassle and restrictions it imposes. If iTunes doesn't have a track my daughter wants for her iPod in the "plus" format (no DRM) I make sure she gets it from Amazon, assuming it's available there.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Sam:

Thanks for posting today's deal. A LONG weekend prevented my from posting and I worked this morning, so I am late. I am seriously considering getting it (I LOVE that song "Human"!).

On another note, it appears that there will be 50 (yes, FIFTY!!!) $5 albums posted on Amazon for Black Friday! Hope there is a good mix of titles and genres.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
As of 9:30am Central Time there is no "Today's Deal" posted. However, the featured free song is "Nothing Too Much Just Out Of Sight" by Fireman. Fireman is the collaboration between Paul McCartney and Youth (he worked with Erasure and Depeche Mode, among others). Haven't listened to it yet, but what the heck, it's free!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, it was worth the wait for the late "Deal" today! It's "Prospekt's March", the new EP from Coldplay for only $0.99! So, if there is just ONE track you like, you can get the WHOLE THING (six tracks) for the same price!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not Amazon but good deal:
You can download 8 Christmas songs for free from oprah.com:
Oprah's Favorite Things for a Thrifty Holiday
1) Faith Hill - Joy to the world
2) Tony Bennett - I'll be home for Christmas
3) Il Divo - O Holy Night
4) Josh Groban - It came upon a midnight clear
5) Brian McKnight - It's the most wonderful time of the year
6) Amy Grant - O Come All Ye Faithful
7) Harry Connick Jr - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
8) Aretha Franklin - Silent Night

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Wed. Nov 26) is Elton John's "Madman Across The Water" for $2.99...AND

THE 50 FOR $5 MP3S are posted! Almost all are releases from the past year, many big names and a selection of genres! Among those listed: Jack Johnson, Beck, Coldplay, T.I., Gnarls Barkley, Sugarland, Vampire Weekend, Metallica and Moby (which is what I picked up). There are soundtracks too: "Mamma Mia!", "Camp Rock" and "High School Musical 3". The section states that they are at this price "for a limited time only". Happy Shopping!

takita787

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Noice
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Thanks!
htf_imgcache_36803.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads