What's new

Mp3 from PC to Denon (1 Viewer)

Hello,

Whats the best way to feed MP3 out from my PC to my Denon 2808 ? Is a wireless solution, or networking solution possible ?

Richard

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are dozens of network media players that can do this. Logitech Squeezebox, Nvix (or Mvix), D-Link, Netgear, Popcorn Hour (one of the best) are just a few of the options. Some DVD players have a network option that will do this. TiVos will. My DirecTV DVR will.

Is this for background music or critical listening? Because the better your sound system, the more compression aritifacts will be audible in the music. Same way with watching standard def TV on a quality HDTV. All of the flaws in the source become visible.

To counteract that, some of the players will play .wav, lossless .wma and lossless Ogg Vorbis formats.

-Robert

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I have 2 old PC's..one was given to me, the other I got for $40.00 off of Craig's List..and I have them in seperate rooms. Truth be told, I use...from a dollar store....an mini jack extention cable (male to female) and a mini to R/F RCA adapter. Sounds like a million damn dollars.

To connect the PC's I use iTunes and can use music from each on the other through the router in my home. It's pretty versatile.

Hello,

It is for critical listening.

Sorry for the delay in response. I have a Paradigm sub, Denon 2808 and Samsung 7 Series Tv. I currently have a pair of Klipsch bookshelfs, but I'm thinking about selling those. I am just starting to build my HT. So I plan to purchase speakers bit by bit, fronts, then rears, then centre and so on.

I do have an SMC router for my home PC network and all PCs are wireless. So I was hoping to be able to use the router to wirelessly stream my mp3z and internet radio to the Denon. I see that the Denon does not have a wireless receiving point of any sort. So how can I integrate it into my home PC network ? Is there a way this can be done ?

Scooter, I have access to a number of free P4 pcs if I want to. However, thats not the solution I am looking for. I dont want to have PCs spread out all over my house.
Cheers,
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks