MP3 for my 10 yr old

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dan Joy, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

My 10 year old is requesting a mp3 player from santa. I have a 40GB IPOD and use EAC to burn cd's into mp3s and then transfer into iTunes. I am looking for something that will work with iTunes (share with my Ipod), be less than a $100.00 and somewhat rugged for a this age. He really likes music.
    Thanks for all of your help.

2. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I just purchased two 64MB Creative Muvo players from Creative's store on Ebay for $7.50 each for my kids (age 5 and 9). I don't know if they work with iTunes. They only hold about 15 MP3s but should do the job for my boys. At $15 total, its not a bad investment and if they can show me that they can take care of them I may "upgrade" them down the line.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

With the Creative Zen Micro Plus, there's no software required. You can just drag and drop files from your computer. I'm not sure if it's compatible with iTunes, though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...onics&v=glance

Your best bet would be the 512MB iPod Shuffle, but the lack of a screen is a drawback to be considered.

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Yes, I feel the same way. Not having a screen would drive me crazy.

5. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

I'm not sure if these will work with iTunes software. My brother bought two Sandisk 512MB MP3 players (blue color player w/earbud haedphones.) on the Friday after Thanksgiving sale at Best Buy, they were on sale for $39.99 instant price reduction, no rebates of any kind which was a nice deal. I believe Circuit City may have them for under $70.00 on sale now, check your Sunday paper inserts for details. You could wait till the weekend before Christmas or even the day before Christmas Eve for any better prices. You never know what may drop down in price for those last minute sales or you could get your kids a giftcard to use after Christmas for any better deals?.