MP3 DVD Players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobRy, Aug 8, 2001.

1. BobRy

BobRy Auditioning

Hi,
    I'm building up my A/V system and the next item on my list is a DVD player. I've seen some DVD players that also purport to play MP3 files, most notably Panasonic and Apex units. Does anyone have any experience with this? How well do these players deal with subfolders, etc., and how do you navigate the directory tree? How do you select songs and do they show any song titles?
    The players I'm considering now are:
    Panasonic DVD-CD36, 5-disc, MP3
    Panasonic DVD-RV21, single-disc, MP3
    Panasonic DVD-RV31, single-disc, MP3
    I would most prefer the 5-disc DC36 model, but it is being sold in Costco along with the RV21 and I guess it's an older model. The RV31 is newer, sold in Best Buy, etc. Are there big differences in the way they handle MP3s? Anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks a lot,
    Bob

2. KevinQ

KevinQ Stunt Coordinator

I had a RV31, which can read subfolder. But there is no option to program the MP3 play. It will sort the MP3 files somehow, and just displays numbers, such as 1 of 150, no the name.
    Apex 800 has a better MP3 menu with file names up to 32 charachters, but quality is a concern.

3. Erwin

Erwin Stunt Coordinator

So far, all the DVD players that I have seen with mp3 capability are JVC, Sanyo, and the ones already mentioned.