What's new

mp3 download service - suggestions (1 Viewer)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
My son has an mp3 player (Creative Zen V+) and I was wondering which service would be recommended for downloads.

I tried the free trial with the Rhapsody service, but the song selection is terrible unless you listen to current top 40.

He wants me to download several songs which would be classified as classic rock.

I do not have any problem paying a monthly subscription fee for a decent service versus a song-by-song fee, or is that how it works?

I am completely new at this and in answering assume I know nothing on the subject (which I know very little).

Thank you,
Mike

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Give iTunes a shot. You can't beat the selection. Yes, they download in the protected Apple format, but all you need to do is burn the song to a CD then rip it. Voila, you have an mp3. And if you use a CD-RW to do the burning and ripping you can just reuse the same disc over and over. Yeah, you'll lose a little quality burning and ripping, but if you're listening on an mp3 player with earbuds you shouldn't notice the difference.

Not sure if you that appeals to you, but I'm not sure you'll beat iTunes for selection.

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
I use yahoo music. $7-$10 a month. I don't use it with a portable music player. I believe they have a free trial if you wanted to give it a shot.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My dad uses and likes the Yahoo! music service. And he's not a Top 40 guy, but more a Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton man.

As Bryan X says, you can use iTunes, but it will be a bother to get the songs to work with your MP3 player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks