1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

mp3 cutting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mick Wright, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Mick Wright

Mick Wright Second Unit

Anyone know a way to cut a 2hour mp3 in half, so I can burn it to two cds?
    I don't have an mp3 player at this time, or else I'd just burn the whole mp3 to a cd.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

If you're going to burn it as an audio CD, then it has to be converted to a "WAV file" first. Once it is a WAV file, you can just open the simple "Windows Sound Recorder" application (located in the Accessories windows folder). Then, you can Cut & Paste the track into different sections and Save them individually.

3. Mick Wright

Mick Wright Second Unit

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have enough ram to do this. The mp3 is already 128 megs, and once it's converted to wav, multiply that by 10.
    Newer versions of Adaptec will convert mp3 to wav on-the-fly (while burning the cd), so I think the best way is to cut the mp3 file without conversion.
    [Edited last by Mick Wright on August 14, 2001 at 07:32 PM]

4. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

In that case, you may want to download one of the trial programs from Acoustica to do the job.